Sign in to follow this  
Guest Norbert

TCAS

Guest Norbert

Hello,I have the problem that I don't see other aircraft. I have set 'show all non-threatening traffic'. The TCAS Knob is set to TA/RA and I have pressed the TFC button. What I'm doing wrong? Have I do something in FSUIPC?I hope someone can helpThank youRegardsNorbert

Guest TrafficTraffic

Is "TFC" or "TA ONLY" displayed along the left side of the map? Do you see range rings or range dots around own aircraft on the map? Are you trying to see AI traffic or MP traffic?Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Where can I find that?Gary HayesOsan AB, ROKP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Folks, There seems to be an awful lot of missunderstanding concerning the proper operation of TCAS. 1] From the RADIO PANEL first run the TCAS TEST. 2] From the RADIO PANEL set make sure to set ABOVE while climbing at the switch to TA/RA. For cruise set it to NORMAL (N) and for descents set it to BELOW. 3] On the EFIS panel push the TFC button to DISPLAY TCAS information on the ND. 4] Other traffic and Proximate traffic do not give you warnings but are displayed as white diamonds either solid or not. 5] TA traffic are yellow with an audible warning of TRAFFIC. You do not need to do anything or take any actions but establish visual if possible. 6] RA Traffic are shown in RED. The PFD's attitude and speed tape will display information (in RED) for you to position the aircraft out of danger. You must disconnect the A/P. You will also get audible warnings and in certain cases different commands like DESCENT CROSSING DESCENT so simply position the aircraft out of the danger zone by moveing the aircraft out of the red zones. This is not done aburptly. There is no FD commands to follow and the FD will still be showing current FP target lines because they are 2 different systems unrelated. After the all clear message re engage the A/P. There is much more to this but at least this will help some of you.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Norbert

Lee,on the ground 'TA ONLY' is displayed. When airborn it changes automaticly to 'TFC'. Yes I see range dots around my own aircraft. I try to see MP traffic. The AI traffic I can see.Thank you and hope you have an answerNorbert

TA only is because on the ground the TCAS system inhibits certain functions up to a certain altitude. Leave the switch to TA/RA and you will be fine.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest ielchitz

The confusing part is determining when you want to run the TCAS is FSUIPC mode and when you want to run it in Internal Mode.I've RTFM and have received some conflicting info (or perhaps I'm just totally confused).Perhaps someone can just confirm the following:For flying on VATSIM with Multiplayer:Set TCAS to ___________________For flying offline with AISet TCAS to _________________Thanks,

Guest Norbert

Hello again,I can see now the MP traffic on VATSIM too. But only when actvating the 'FS2004 internal' function. But the manual said: 'If flying online- use the FSUIPC interface.'RegardsNorbert

IanAs far as I understand this SBRelay will inject MP aircrafts into FS2004 MP table so you would only need to use the FS2004 option for both VATSIM and offline flying.But then again I could be totally wrong. ;-)Cheers,

Guest ielchitz

> [...] so you would only need to use the FS2004>option for both VATSIM and offline flying.That's why I'm so confused. The manual says If flying online - use the FSUIPC interface.Ian.

Hum do you also have AI Bridge Ian? I'm sorry I have not VATSIM it in a long while but Lee and Ryan do often so should be able to tell you exactly what is needed. I KNOW for offline I use the FSUIPC option and all is fine.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Yes Randy,I think you are correct there. For TCAS to work in FSUIPC mode online, you also have to run AIBridge.Cheers,

Guest moose_VUSN

FSUIPC reads AI data from FS (2002 & 2004) & sends it to the gauges as required.when online, there is no AI data, so you need to run AIbridge, which will convert multiplayer aircraft data to AI data & send it to FSUIPC (which just thinks its AI data & sends it to your gauges).hope that explains, its all rather complicated lol!