Sign in to follow this  
Guest moose_VUSN

TCAS in NG FS2002 version

Guest moose_VUSN

does the TCAS work in the FS2002 600/700 version [1.3]???i am familiar with the 737NG systems & panel having studied it for my CPL, but i can't get it to work.just like to add this is a superb airliner addon & quite possibly the best iver ever flown in FS (& i've got them all ). great job PMDG! can't wait to get my nice new SATA 180GB drive for FS2004 to use the 800/900!thankslaurie gregoire

Hi Laurie,The TCAS is an added feature of the 800/900 package. The 800/900 is only FS2K4 (FS9) compatible. So TCAS is only available in FS2K4. The 600/700 package does not have TCAS in FS2K2 or FS2K4.

Guest hlm65

That's strange indeed that such a complete package and absolutely superb as your 737 NG for fs2002/4 is not TCAS capable !I think that an update to put this interesting and realistic feature should be in your plans (many others addons are TCAS equipped, such as all PSS 777/747/Airbuses/DHC8 and DF 737 and PIC767).For the rest, you 737NG is marvellous !Enrico

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Every single one of those addons you meantion(bar PIC767 thanks to Lee) do NOT have a TCAS,they just display traffic-there is a massive difference so please don't confuse them.The PMDG tcas is simply incredible,the RA's are excellent with directional inputs displayed on the PFD and VSI aswell as aural callouts.Without a doubt,the most realistic TCAS ever created within the bounds of FS.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest moose_VUSN

having got the FS2004 version (i hate FS2004 though its a mess of programming & full of bugs!) i can say the PMDG TCAS is excellent, just like the real 737NG system (having seen it in action myself).shame there isn't TCAS in the FS2002 version thats all...