Sign in to follow this  
petermaxkoller

PIC767 no FS2004 version:change to ??

Hi (sorry i know it's not the PIC forum but ...)I'm a power user of the PIC767 since it came out for FS2000 and with the patch for FS2002. Unfortunatly there is no time frame to get a FS2004 version (new product). I have decided to move to FS2004 and the problem is now to get a similar good plane as the PIC767 (very good FMC, werv good airmodel etc) for FS2004.I think the option I have are:1. PMDG 737NG - 700/8002. Phoenix PSS A330/3403. Wilco A320 PIC4. Aviograsf A3405. Others?Can anybody help me with my decision?Thanks for your answers and sugestionsPeter KollerLSZH/Z

Peter,We here on this forum are partial to the PMDG 737NG series of simulators ;-)

Hi PeteThanks; I know. Can you or anybody tell me a forum or site where I can get some comparison tabels of the different aircrafts to buy for FS2004?Peter

Guest Andrej

Hey Pete,as an onwer of PSS A340, Avio. A340 and PMDG 737NG, I would strongly recommend PMDG! These guys, at least in my opinion, made THE best addon of FS04!First one is OK, but not modeled to the end. Avio. A340 in NOT completed product, but I hope that those guys will finish it and I will be able to enjoy my most favourite airplane.B737NG is the best. I miss, IRS unit but as I understant there will be one, one day.Also, if you are HARD core pilot, look for PS1.3. The BEST and ULTIMATE stand alone sim of B744! If you have 2 PCs you might fly this sim with FS04 scenery!This is what I am planning to do this summer.Cheers,Andrej

Guest ielchitz

The PMDG is an excellent product that is sure to satisfy a seasoned PIC veteran.This PIC'er is completely satisfied.Ian.

And MANY pic lovers do fly the PMDG 737! We have more than a couple of the beta team including myself ;-).[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Yup!!! I'm also a true hardcore PIC-lover too... But PMDG is the ONE for FS2k4...RPB742 v2 is also a great product...but no FMC!!Old Delco Carousel in there!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Peter,I was on the PIC 767 beta team with Eric, Wade, Laurent and Pedro. Both Wade and Eric, still communicate, so I too know how good the PIC 767 was.With that being said, I can tell you that the PMDG 737NG is just wonderful, it has raised the bar even above that the PIC767 established.I hope I am not too bias either.Bob

Guest benw

Hi PeterPIC's old hat now, you'll be amazed at how things have moved on. I have PSS's A340 and it's not a patch on PMDG's offerings. The frame rates are poor and it's still very buggy. The VC is basic compared to the 737NG.A320 PIC I only tried to fly a few times before deleting it and throwing it in the bin. Killer frame rates, a difficult and un-intuitive VC and no 2D panel, and keyboard commands totally different to the default ones. Give it a miss. I've just got the new 737 800/900 and it's awesome. TCAS with aural warnings! I'm steering towards traffic just to make it squawk! The lighting, the textures, the sounds....FS9 has just moved up a peg, get yourself into an NG, you won't be let down!

Hi allThank you all fpr your answers:1. I downloaded the 737NG and upgraded to 737NG 800/900.2. I'm installing now on 4 computers with Wideview (1 server and 3 clients)3. It takes some time and I will tell you later the result.ThanksPeter

Well. All I can say for now is that once we get PICv2 out things may again "change" in FS arena :).Of course, PIC767v2 is not 737NG, so they really do not compete.And the 757... ;)Tero

PPL(A)

Guest cw1011

Really? From what I read is it's pretty much going to be the FS2000 panel bitmaps with additional functionality to the FMC and no VC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't feel like raising any bars to me.

>And the 757... ;)Say what? Is this the first hint that they are putting a 757 mode in PIC2? That would be AWESOME!This is going to be a really great time to be into high quality airliner sims with the PMDG NG completed and PIC2 coming out. There's not even a point in trying to compare the two or say which one is "better" - they're both going to be extremely good for the flight role each is designed for. I'll be proud to have both of them in my virtual hangar!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest HeavyMetal

I can't speak for everyone, but PSS is continually having probs with their A330 conversion to FS2004.. I can without reservation highly recommend the PMDG 737NG series. Beats anything else I have used in any version of FS.------------------------------------------------------------------Joe F."It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg