Sign in to follow this  
Guest walle

Undockable panels = heavy CPU-load

Guest walle

Hi Guys.Love the 800/900 - but are having a problem with the panels which I did not experince with the 600/700. Can somebody suggest a solution?I'm running two monitors on a XP-system (P4 2.8ghz and Radeon 9700Pro + 1Gb pc400 Ram). Normally on the 600/700 I will undock the throttle, radio, fmc and overhead to my second monitor. And then I just go flying and it works out fine.Now doing this with the 800/900 makes the cpu beg for 'air'. The cpu workload is around 80-90% and the cursor just starts flashing between the timeglas and the pointer/finger. I've been patient and been waiting for 40 minutes - it never catches its 'breath' again. And yes - I have been trying both with and without PMDG clickable option in the Styles-menu regarding undockable panels - to no help. It seems I can only fly the airplane on one screen. And that can not be true - therefore I must have overlooked something?Have anybody experinced the same thing? Has anybody found the solution?Cheers, Mads 'Walle'

Hi Mads,I've had the same issues on occasion even with the 600/700. I couldn't really pin-point it to what was a fault. But I think this only happens on occasion. And you'll notice this when you drag the panels over to the second monitor the mouse pointer will start flickering.The only work-around I know is actually to shut FS9 down and start over. There is something that triggers this thing to happen. It could be due to how FS treats multiple monitors. It could also be a driver issue as I've noticed that it is not as frequent now than it used to be.I haven't experienced this in any other plane. But that is because I don't fly anything else nowadays. So I will not rule out it can happen without the NG.Sorry I can't be of more help but at least your not alone. If you do a search I'm sure you will find some ancient posts about this too.Regards,

Guest walle

hi Mats.Hmmff - damm, it's one of those problems...But I havn't installed any new videodrivers or anything like that. And I can still grab the 600/700 and take it for a spin with undockable pabels without a flashing pointer problem?Men Mats - tackar for dina inputs. Hilsner, Mads