Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

IFR clearance and PMDG 737

I love both the 600/700 and the 800/900 but cannot fathom out how to file a flight plan which will be used by ATC to give me clearance. I can live without the GPS. When I tried to load the default FS2004 flight plan all I got was a series of beeps. Dont see any interface between the FMC and ATC so exactly how am I supposed to get ATC to recognize my route?Another quick question.

I was wondering the same thing.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guys - There is no connection between the FMC and ATC. Neither is there any connection between these in real-life operations.You first have to file a FS flightplan to get ATC to recognize your route. See this as sending in the FP to EuroControl or whatever organization for FP clearance.You then has to load up your own utility on your aircraft with the same flightplan, with or without any changes that may have occured since filing the flight plan to ATC.ATC can then choose to guide you along your pre-filed route. Or if traffic is dense or weather turns bad, ATC will guide you around or divert you. FS ATC will always guide you per the filed flightplan until it's time for approach where it will give you vectors to final. So in short:- for ATC recognition file a FS9 flightplan (*.pln file)- for FMC guidance punch in your flightplan manually or uplink a ready made flight plan for the FMC.Hope it helps,

I dont think you can if I understand your question. I havent flown any internal ATC IFR flights in FS9. I ask for VFR runway clearance and ask for a full stop at arriving airport. It's the only way I can fly the real world routes I get from FBOweb. I guess it a compromise but I would rather plan and fly a real world flightplan than use the IFR plans developed by the internal flight planner. Get some real world flight plans and use the real world STARS and I think you will enjoy the experience a lot more.

Actually you can file a SID and/or a STAR in FS as well but it is really a PITA to create them as you have to look everything up on the map and find all these waypoints for the terminal procedure. Cheers,

Guest elvisonit

I bought a program called FSNavigator and it is WONDERFUL! You can create your flight plan, export it as an FS2004 flight plan, and export it as a PMDG flight plan, then go to FS2004's flight plan page, load up the plan, then start up your 737NG, use the nav data page-flight plans page to automatically load the plan into the plane's computer. It works every single time. It even automatically puts you near your destination airport so that when ATC wants you to start your descent and start your silly approach that they always have you do, you can just take the plane off of VNAV/LNAV and use the heading/autothrottle instead. It's truly a worthy add-on for FS2004, almost as useful as the PMDG 737 family.http://www.fsnavigator.com/

Guest diajohn2

A simple way is to bring up the flightplan from FS9 (yes, they are awful but ATC does recognize them) on the kneeboard and put it alongside the FMC. Type in the flightplan and set up the FMC that way. You are then fully in sync with FS9 and the PMDG FMC. You will be properly handled all of the way. Sorry, no SIDS or STARS but that is the way it goes if you want to use FS9 ATC.John NoeCaptainBAW317

Guest Lobaeux4

I agree, hopefully Microsoft will fix the single most dreadful thing (to me that is) about MSFS: The flightplanner. Who ever thought up this very limited and gawd-awful bit of programming lunacy, why I wish they'd string him (or her) up to the Space Needle instead of the big old crab-thing they used to put up there. Now, that being said, to answer you're question, you don't need to fool with the horrible MSFS planner. Download FSBuild, it'll work, just follow the directions, and it'll send a MSFS .pln so that you can load it up into the flightplanner. Then all you have to do is change the planned altitude, for some reason the MSFS planner catches a brain #### and changes the altitude, resave it, and voila! ATC actually gets it across their simulated computer screen. There are plenty of other freeware Nav programs out there as well. I just like FSBuild, because I can cut and paste the flightplan from my VA's dispatch, and it does the rest. Nav 3.1 was good also, but I can't get it to run. I had FSNavigator, but it installs itself as a module, and I'm cheap.