Sign in to follow this  
Guest HercMighty

Reverse Thrusters

Guest HercMighty

Please don't blast the new guy but I have a question that I hope will be wasy to answer. Though first I must say I am very impressed. I haven't played a simulator since PMDG came out with an aircraft for Fly! I played that briefly until life got in the way and now I am finally back. I have bought and upgraded to the -800/900 and therefore am stuck with my MS sidewinder joystick, no more money :( I have found trying to use the reverse thrusters a pain to work and would like to map them to the joystick if I could but I can not seem to find a command in the key assignemnts. Can anyone help?Dustin Pearson

Its actual impossible to do in FS to map it to a joystick. But it is mapped on your keyboard as F2 and Hold...To deactive press F1. But you can try to configure it with FSUIPC if you have the full version...

Guest Lenny Zaman

actually, i always use Idle reverse as per Noise abatement(which is very strict in europe)i can accomplish that by doing F1, and then a 'tap' on F2you'll see the reverser deploy but not spool upGreetings

What I did is code 'F2' on my Thrustmaster throttle. The first time you push the button, release it; you will see the engine display 'Rev'; now push the button again and hold it; you will see the engines increase thrust while the 'Rev' display is shown.Your button code on the HOTAS must 'repeatedly' send the 'F2' keyboard code while it is help down.I hope I made some sence!