Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbulldog 2

Using the new 8/900 VS with the 700...

Guest captbulldog 2

I only fly the 700 (Southwest :) ) but I certainly want to use the new VC model I paid for :) I'm thinking about copying the 700's aircraft.cfg into the 800 to make the 800 fly like the 700. Granted, it'll still have the 800 model but that's okay since I fly from the inside. I know PMDG will release a fix for this, but will this quick-fix of mine work?

I don't think this will work. THe VC is built into the model of the aircraft and that is not interchangeable!Cheers,

PMDG have mentioned that the download update would have reached over 90 megs if this was included! You can understand why it was not included but was stated it would be included in a future update.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,John and Randy,I heard mention of a service pack that would be released that users would have to pay for, will this be the case for the VC upgrades to the 6/700, or are the updates a free 'gift' to users who purchased the 8/900 upgrade?The way I read it in Rob's pinned post, it'll sound like the latter option. Can anyone confirm this please?I'll try and find the post that mentioned the payable SP.Cheers,DavidEDITFound it, found that it was a troll who was taking the p!ss, sorry to have bothered you :)

Um the only thing I can think about that users would be charged for would be ACARS (it will be a complete program in and of itself and NOT limited to the 737 only) but surely not for updates or patches! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest captbulldog 2

That's too bad. I'll guess I'll fly around in the 800.. for now.. but how do I do my fuel planning. The current fuel planner only supports the 6/700.

Guest FattyBear

Ohh so this is the ACARS thing...well now I just want more information :-lol.

Guest Lobaeux4

OH? What's up with ACARS?salivating.........

Guest captbulldog 2

I played around with the ACARS... couldn't get it to do anything "interesting". Guess I'll have to see what Rob has to say about it :)Annnnywaay... how do you guys plan for fuel for the 800? :)

Guest wee_davie_2612

You just have to do the fuel planning manually (Oh No, real maths - can't the computer do it:o :-lol) using the fuel estimation charts.Check out Chapter 2 - Cruise of the NG's flight manual. The last three pages give a worked example of how to plan fuel load, including adjustment for wind.CheersDavid