Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Project AI Installed = Nothing?

Well I downloaded & installed PAI. first the Base Pack then Several of the Airline Pack's. When I started up FS2K2 I was dissapointed to find out that there was no AI traffic @ all. Not @ any airport & not in the sky either. I'm running a fairly fresh install of FS2K2 w/ ATC @ 100%. I've looked thru all the files & I think everything look's in order but obviously somethings wrong.As far as the airline packs go, I installed the Air France one first; then the others.Does anyone have any suggestions??Thanx.

Guest Edam

You mentioned that you installed "several" of the airline packs, not all. Did you go to one of the airports that are in your flightplans.txt, at the correct time, (keeping in mind that it is GMT) to see if they are there?Since you installed Air France, try Orly.

Guest gasebah

Well, I have clouded sky all over the place. Install BA and go to Heathrow. With 100% ATC and enough Gates open it should kill your fps.Alex

Go over to the renewed PAI forum. There is an explanation of how the autoinstaller works. Maybe that will answer your questions.www.projectai.comRegards,Mike EDDK

Guest Boone

I had the same problem until I got a tip straight from the horses mouth so to speak.Try installing Air France first! It worked for me.......Good Luck Boone

Make sure you have the following files in your fs2002aircraft folder:default.dpairlines.cfg - get the updated file with all the airline names from this site.Make sure you have a traffic.bgl in your fs2002scenedbATCscenery folder. If you correctly installed PAI downloads, you should have several traffic.* files.If you don't have any or all the files, you can extract them from your fs2002 CDs using Winzip or another unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for the files noted.Also check to see if you have PAI*** aircraft listed in your fs2002aircraft folder. Check to see if any or all the aircraft have a texture folder. Some will, some won't, depending on what downloads you installed but you should have some with textures.

Thanx everyone.I actually did install the Air France pack first as instruscted in the PAI forum. I've since un-installed & re-installed the base pack & re-installed each airline pack. Now majically it all seems to be working. Well EGLL & KMCO anyway. I'm assuming the rest is ok as well. I really don't know what the problem was as I didn't change my install method the 2nd time around. Just one of those strange things ?I guess it's now time to download & install TTools & get some real flight Schedules going :)P.S. My FPS @ EGLL w/ traffic @ 100% is around 17FPS(All scenery settings set to MAX @ 2048x1536x16bit)Cheers.