Sign in to follow this  
Guest vegaskid

I have a question about the outside PMDG liveries

Guest vegaskid

Hello, I downloaded a few liveries from AVSIM a couple nights ago. I read the readme and i tried numerous times trying to get the liveries in there. Can someone please tell me in more simple terms or try to explain to me in detail what to do. I'm stuck unless someone can help me out. Thanks. Scott

Guest ba747heavy

Without even knowing what liveries you downloaded, the flow should go something like this(please note that you might have to make changes)* Unzip file into temporary directory.* If in author packed the files into a directory named texture.SOMETHING, then copy that whole directory into the appropriate PMDG aircraft folder(in the FS9aircraft directory)* The author probably has a readme where he/she/it (just to cover my bases and not offend any gender sensitive individual ;)) has a aircraft.cfg entry for you to add. Copy this entry to the aircraft.cfg of that model, and make sure that the fltsim.number section of the entry you copied over is one more than the largest number already presnt in thte PMDG folder.* If the author didn't give you an entry, then you will have to create your own from an exsisting one. If you need help with this then please post back and I will help :)* Save the aircraft.cfg and flyThis is a really rough outline of what you should do, but I hope it will help you out.

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot OK. You have no idea how much i thank you for trying to help me. I am kind of understanding what you want me to do. So, since i downloaded the folder it already unzipped into a folder called texture.something...so then i do what? I copy the PMDG texture files into my texture.something file and then put it in the aircraft folder? Not the PMDG B737-700 Folder.. OK..Lets say the one im trying is a B737-700 United New Colors. So, I pasted the Aircraft.cfg file with the united [flightx] or whatever it is. Do you want me to give it a number like.. [flightsim43] or something? My last number is [flightsim41] or something like that. So, the United new colors would be [flightsim42]...right? Now about the livery. When i downloaded it it automatically unzipped it into a folder called texture.ua so, what do i do from here? Do i copy and paste the PMDG 737-700 texture files into this folder and then place the texture.ua foler into the B737-700 folder? I do i put it into the fs9/aircraft folder and treat it as a seperate aircraft. Reply if any of this makes sense. lol. thanks. Scott

Guest vegaskid

Future Airline Pilot Future Airline Pilot OK. You have no idea how much i thank you for trying to help me. I am kind of understanding what you want me to do. So, since i downloaded the folder it already unzipped into a folder called texture.something...so then i do what? I copy the PMDG texture files into my texture.something file and then put it in the aircraft folder? Not the PMDG B737-700 Folder.. OK..Lets say the one im trying is a B737-700 United New Colors. So, I pasted the Aircraft.cfg file with the united flightx or whatever it is. Do you want me to give it a number like.. flightsim43 or something? My last number is flightsim41 or something like that. So, the United new colors would be flightsim42...right? Now about the livery. When i downloaded it it automatically unzipped it into a folder called texture.ua so, what do i do from here? Do i copy and paste the PMDG 737-700 texture files into this folder and then place the texture.ua foler into the B737-700 folder? I do i put it into the fs9/aircraft folder and treat it as a seperate aircraft. Reply if any of this makes sense. lol. thanks.