Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

ALL AUSTRALIANS PLEASE READ

Mates-Currently we are unable to reach email addresses on many of the primary ISP's within Australia.Specifically optusnet.com.auThere are others, however- i'll try to compile a list here so that you can keep up to date...Apparently the have been government mandated IP blocking activities in order to provent some type of bank fraud being perpetrated on some servers based in the US. As a result, large swaths of IP addresses are being blocked, and legitimate email traffic cannot be accomplished either.If you are able, please open a free hotmail address or other non-charged account, (DISABLE THE SPAM FILTERS!) and forward your address to us so we can update your account and get you a download setup...Oh- and complain to your ISP.... I've made a half dozen calls to your country in the past 48 hours.... But one crazy guy calling from the USA isn't going to help... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

That would be right.. our government needs help!I have an idea.. if we all start complaining and say that FS is boring and completely useles.. the government will think we dont like it and allow it to run free!Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest prichards

LOL

Guest Raafie75

Hey Robert,Optusnet has just implemented a spam filter that can be turned on by the account holder through the Optusnet home page. By having them turn that off should do it.Its a godsend for me because I get 80 spams a day and since I turned this filter on its down to 10 a day.It is now a Federal Offence in Australia for Australians to send Spam Emails to other Australian Email Accounts. Its a instant prisonable offence. Hooray!! But it doesn't stop the bulk email coming from the U.S. Its going to be a great day when the first gets prosecuted, what a precedence it will set!Kind Regards,

I contacted Optusnet here in Australia and have sent an E-mail to PMDG with their suggested fix. With a bit of luck we should be "flying" those 737-800/900's downunder shortly. Suggest anyone with similer problems with their ISP's do the same.

No problems with my email, I am with the PC Users Group(ACT)in Canberra and I got my 737-800 confirmation email last night without any hassles.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest MervA

G'day Rob,Thanks for letting us know about the email problem, fortunately I had no difficulty in receiving your email and downloading the required file through my ISP.While I am here let me add my many thanks to you and your team for the excellent effort you've done in bringing to the flight sim community a set of aircraft that excels, you folks at PMDG have, since the first day that you arrived on the MSFS scene have shown professionalism in the way you go about things, and have shown me at least, that apart from the minor hiccup in the beginning you had the makings of creating superb aircraft, and indeed you do that, and I'm sure you will continue to do so in the future, and I for one wait with baited breath for the release of the "Queen Of The Skies", the probelm will be which one to fly, can't fly them both at same time, least I don't think so. :D

Guest DannyV

No problems with Telstra Broadband either. Been flying the Qantas 738 around now for a few days - fantastic :-)

Guest DannyV

Things are progressing very slowly at the moment as I have been deployed on Operations for the last few months and am about to fly off to another exercise in a few weeks. We'll see how much I can get done in between Flying events. Additionally, I am about to get a Notebook with all the trimmings, so I'll be able to do stuff whilst I'm away ;-) I'll keep you updated John - By the way, fly your Qantas and Virgin repaints all the time!!! They are Great Mate!!!!Cheers,

No problems here with anyone on Netspace.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

just thought I would let you guys know. I have recently downloaded the 800/900NG using iinet located in WA with no problems at all.RgdsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest Turborazer

oh hii was livining there!!!!i am now livining not there thow!!!!i went to camp platypus!!!!any one no????i am beiung australia????stewartsoring high now

G'day Danny,It's great to see that you are still around simming mate. I thought you had disappeared off to the gulf. :-) Haven't seen a post from you on the Fly! forum for zonk's. :-(Enjoy your simming,Cheers,Roger @YSSY