Sign in to follow this  
Guest royish

PMDG please help!

Guest royish

Hello PMDG,This is my 3rd thread here about this issue, and also few emails.You haven't replied any of my emails so far...I have this big Radio problem, and It's not only me, It's more people.I am not using a registered version of the FSUIPC....It usually happan at decent... radio gets locked! can't change freq. nothing!!! but squack and TCAS is still working.Could u please advice?Thanks,Royi Sher

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Sounds like your avionics may be gone.I know this happened to me a few times before.Next time it happens,change your aircraft to the Cesna,see if the avionics switch is on and if they are actually working.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest christianholmes

I had the exact same problem tonight-why would the radio stop working?This is roughly where I was-On Final, captured localizer- clicked ALT HOLD and then APP. Forgot to click the 2nd autopilot. As I got closer, I noticed the plane was not decending down the glidepath. I went to check the nav freq, and found it was "stuck". I could not tune any of the radios. Several of the other buttons stopped functioning as well. The AP completely stopped responding to, and just went "hands off" and start a NASA-style ascent.What was your situation? Maybe we can pinpoint this problem.

Well we all would love to nail this situation down. Please give all relevent details.What plane version (2D? VC only? Winglets? 600? 700? etc tecWhat FS versionWhat Windows versionWhat if anything you are running perhaps along with FSWhat amount of time elapsed until this happenedare you SURE it only happens on Descents? I recall other users mentiong a certain time frame only but they were also not clear.OR anything else that can help us pin point the issue. I also do not have the registered version of FSUIPC but had the 800 going for 2 1/2 hours, nothing strange so I am lost here so far. If we can locate a commonality ampunst users with the same problem it will make it much easier to locate and fix. THANKS![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

My two cents:There is no rhyme or reason to the problem on my setup, the radios can be locked up from the moment I load, then in the climb they work, then in the cruise they don't. I tried the master avionics switch solution etc and no impact. On the bright side, at least somewhere in any given flight they seem to go ok!Ah intermittent non-traceable faults, what fun...737-600 2-D and VC (no VCabin)Running XP Pro SP1 with all updates installed.Running unregistered FSUPIC latest available versionRunning FS9 with no major add-ins besides FSUPICFlightsim set as a Highest Priority Process with non-essential services disabled.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest mdamstel

I had this a couple of times with the older version, switching off an off batt switch on overhead panel then helped.

Guest royish

>> Well we all would love to nail this situation down. Please>give all relevent details.>>What plane version (2D? VC only? Winglets? 600? 700? etc tec>What FS version>What Windows version>What if anything you are running perhaps along with FS>What amount of time elapsed until this happened>are you SURE it only happens on Descents? I recall other users>mentiong a certain time frame only but they were also not>clear.>>OR anything else that can help us pin point the issue. >> I also do not have the registered version of FSUIPC but had>the 800 going for 2 1/2 hours, nothing strange so I am lost>here so far. If we can locate a commonality ampunst users with>the same problem it will make it much easier to locate and>fix.>> THANKS!>>>[h4]Best Wishes,>Randy J. Smith>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg>>AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA>@535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |Okidoki:All of em, no matter what version, the 737/6/7/8/9 in 2D, 2D + VC and CABIN + 2D + VC...FS2004....Win XP ProRunning a scrshot capture program, Screenshot Manager (didn't cause me any problem with Feelthere CRJ, PSS A330,A340, Nor PMDG B1900D, so It's not a problem of this...Not only decent actually, usually after 1 hour flying... 400NM... around that...I really can't udnerstand my problem... It's soooo odd!!! I reinstalled FS for it 2 days ago, im now Travelling, so I will be back home at Thursday, then I will do a flight for around 500-600NM, and well see :)But from the past, and this has happaned from the 600/700, also then neither Paul either Robert couldn't figure this!! I thought the 800/900 will fix it, I bought it one of the first, like 2-3 min after it came out, did a small flight, BAMN doesn;t work well!!!THanks,Royi

Dear Roy-we're trying to narrow down this issue.If you have the registered FSUIPC version, can you try the "magic battery" fix? (Where the battery life gets extended to unlimited time) Some users reported success with that...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest NBL648

Lefteris, I have that option active in FSUIPC and it still happens. For me, it is stictly a random occurance....maybe three times since I first got the NG. So far it hasn't happened with the 800-900.......on a side note, did you change the font for numbers on the 2d PFD? They now seem a lot harder to read on the 2d 'main' panel view, but when zoomed they're fine......Thanks, Paul

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Paul,I noticed that aswell, the Fonts appear to be kinda grainy?Nothing too serious,in fact I think the new rolling digits more than make up for it but if a patch needs to be released...perhaps this could be looked into?John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest royish

>Dear Roy->>we're trying to narrow down this issue.>>If you have the registered FSUIPC version, can you try the>"magic battery" fix? (Where the battery life gets extended to>unlimited time) Some users reported success with that...Hello Lefteris,I do not have a Registered FSUIPC, but I can buy one... but I kinda need assurence that it will fix it... because I don't want to waste 25 Euro......Thanks for trying to fix this issue...And Paul, I didn't change the Font.Royi

Guest N1152S

My radios are failing too. Its very consistant and happens a little after one hour of flight time. I've got a non-registered version of FSUIPC, totally clean install of FS9 with no side programs running. I've turned the default cessnas avionics to "ON" and it doesn't seem to help the problem. I'm postive I've got the generators on and the battery isn't indicating a discharge. For me this a problem new to the 800/900. I've never had this happen with the older versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant take this thing on a flight longer than an hour...P4 2.0gig1024DDR40GB Hard DriveATI 9700Pro

Guest hardhit

Hi Randy,As I mentioned in some previous tread I also suffer this problem.The radio's I have been able to fix with using the Unlimited battery switch in the registered version of FSUIPC. However I still have the landing light problem. All work when I take off but on landing no lights available. So no landing lights and no taxi lights.If a solution for this could be found then I would be very happy. For the rest this is a very good plane to fly.My Specs.FS9 Standard install no add-ons.FSUIPC 3.212 registeredWin XP Pro SP1Only my virus scanner is running in the background.The radio problem occured after about 1 hours of flying.Regards,Peter

Guest VULCAN127

Me as well. I was attempting an IFR Cross Country flight from KBOS to KLAX in the 737-800 (VC and Cabin, AA Livery, but flying 2D panel with overhead on 2nd monitor). A little past Detroit the Radios Froze and ATC stopped responding. Pressing numbers in the ATC pop-up had no effect for most options, but I suspect that they also cancelled IFR because the first option that didn't respond was "1) Request Flight Following". All NAV and COM radios would not update or toggle. Using unregistered FSUIPC (installed with PMDG?). Upon FS exit FS2004 crashed and wanted to send a report to MS (as usual), even though I'd selected the CESSNA before exit. This is another annoyance I'd like to get over.--Jamie O'ConnellP4 Dual XEON 1.5GXP Pro SP1 and all updates1.0G RAMFS9 on 200G DriveNVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Dual Monitor