Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

PMDG team - no Loc BC CDI needle

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Guys,Just purchased all of your aircraft, love them.We may have A BUG HERE. I have not had a chance to read the manuals yet so if I am wrong here, can you correct me.I am using the 737-700 in 2D Cockpit mode with the Westjet winglet textures. I do a lot of LOC Back Course approaches, but it is hard to when we have no working CDI needle. If you go to CYQR and on Runway 31 (freq 109.50, course 305 degrees)for example, the needle just jumps from side to side as I try to center the needle. I can use the adf needle on some approaches, but not all of them. The needle should move slowly from side to side and center as well. I had the same problem with the Reality XP Gauges but they were some how able to fix this issue.I have to install the Reality XP gauges now to have a working CDI needle. Could you please check into this and report back to me your results. I have to go to work now, I will check back tonight. Thanks a bunch for your great support.CYQRVincent

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi Guys,>>Just purchased all of your aircraft, love them.>>We may have A BUG HERE. I have not had a chance to read the>manuals yet so if I am wrong here, can you correct me.>>I am using the 737-700 in 2D Cockpit mode with the Westjet>winglet textures. I do a lot of LOC Back Course approaches,>but it is hard to when we have no working CDI needle. If you>go to CYQR and on Runway 31 (freq 109.50)for example, the>needle just jumps from side to side as I try to center the>needle. The needle should move slowly from side to side and>center as well. I had the same problem with the Reality XP>Gauges but they were some how able to fix this issue.>>I have to install the Reality XP gauges now to have a working>CDI needle. Could you please check into this and report back>to me your results. I have to go to work now, I will check>back tonight. >>Thanks a bunch for your great support.>>CYQR>VincentBefore the 800/900 update I beleive the CDI was working properly on back courses. When I get back this afternoon I'll flight check the KPTK LOC/BC 27 approach in the default 737 and then the PMDG, manually flying raw data in both.

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Timothy,Thanks for the fast reply.My only request to this, if possible. Could you release a patch right away for this so I can get back to some flying. I know you may want to wait and accumulate all the bugs and send one patch for all, but I will have to stop flying (this type of approach anyway). I will be grounded till the release. Whatever you decide, I will support.Thanks again,CYQRVincent

Guest tmetzinger

>>Hi Guys,>>>>Just purchased all of your aircraft, love them.>>>>We may have A BUG HERE. I have not had a chance to read the>>manuals yet so if I am wrong here, can you correct me.>>>>I am using the 737-700 in 2D Cockpit mode with the Westjet>>winglet textures. I do a lot of LOC Back Course approaches,>>but it is hard to when we have no working CDI needle. If you>>go to CYQR and on Runway 31 (freq 109.50)for example, the>>needle just jumps from side to side as I try to center the>>needle. The needle should move slowly from side to side and>>center as well. I had the same problem with the Reality XP>>Gauges but they were some how able to fix this issue.>>>>I have to install the Reality XP gauges now to have a>working>>CDI needle. Could you please check into this and report back>>to me your results. I have to go to work now, I will check>>back tonight. >>>>Thanks a bunch for your great support.>>>>CYQR>>Vincent>>>Before the 800/900 update I beleive the CDI was working>properly on back courses. When I get back this afternoon I'll>flight check the KPTK LOC/BC 27 approach in the default 737>and then the PMDG, manually flying raw data in both.>I've confirmed this - the HSI needle on the ND does not scale smoothly from one side to the other. it's unusable for BC approaches. The same condition exists on the EFIS/MAP screens.The Default MS 737 works fine, so it's a PMDG bug. I'll post the bug report separately.