Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Question on Available Aircraft Freeware with auto insta

Guest Stanner1953

I recently downloaded the Piper Archer III which had an auto install file included (exe file). To a hacker like me, this made the installation a piece of cake.Does anyone know of any other freeware aircraft download's which have auto install file included? How can I search for these in the file library?Thanks.Stanner

Hi Stanner,Not many freeware downloads have auto installers. It is very hard to search specifically for them too. Most of the files are zipped so end in a .zip rather than .exe - so you can't search by filename.Its not hard to learn how to install them manually and it will give you much more flexibility over your installations. I bet if you give it a go you will be a pro after 5 installs!Most of the freeware zip files already have the folders made. Its just a case of opening the zip, selecting all the files (ctrl + a to shortcut) and then extract to your main FS2002 folder. It then creates any new folders for you, and places gauges etc. in the existing folders. You must ensure that you have checked the box "use folder names" in WinZip.The key is to read the readme.doc file everytime and follow the instructions exactly. Further, have a look at the directory structure before hitting extract as some authors don't make the folders you need.Some readme's are difficult to follow but rest assured that you are probably not the only one to have trouble with it and a simple search of this forum or a quick post will get you an answer.Best wishes,Andy (YSCB)