Sign in to follow this  
Guest rserpieri

Unanswered questions!

Guest rserpieri

Since I didn't really get an answer to this questions I'll post it again!I really enjoy flying with the NG and that's why I want to report few bugs that we still have:1.ALTITUDE ALERT is working fine during climbs,but doesn't work during descents!(No light no sound).2.With the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM switched OFF,the flap lever won't move and if you insist (pressing F6 or F7) it will move momentarily giving a consequent movement of the flaps which I think isn't correct since the system is not pressurized.3.During take off if the elevetor trim is not in the green band,even setting it in the full scale position there is no CONFIGURATION WARNING.4.There is no possibility to arm or deploy the speed brakes through the keybord.And finally I've got one more question:I feel the handling of the aircraft (including the 600/700) completely different,is less stable in the pitch,is this related to my fs settings?Hope this post will help to make "our jewel" even better than it is,I know PMDG is one of the best development teams for flight simulation and you are always giving support to your customers!!!!Thanks in advance,Roberto

Guest rserpieri

Come on guys,does somebody have these problems???Let's fix this fantastic plane!!!!

I'll grab a few.1.ALTITUDE ALERT is working fine during climbs,but doesn't work during descents!(No light no sound). Please be more clear here. Some folks thought you meant the altitude callouts like 2500 1000 500 Now, on descent do you have a MCP altitude that you are leveling off at and do not get the ALT ALERT for? Give examples please no general statements.3.During take off if the elevetor trim is not in the green band,even setting it in the full scale position there is no CONFIGURATION WARNING. Will look at this one and reports back asap.4.There is no possibility to arm or deploy the speed brakes through the keybord. That is CORRECT it is not a BUG but the way it is. I feel the handling of the aircraft (including the 600/700) completely different,is less stable in the pitch,is this related to my fs settings? Of course it IS different! Nothing strange about it our 800 pilots call it the best ever in a sim ;-). As Dean said "get low and slow" [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

"Please be more clear here. Some folks thought you meant the altitude callouts like 2500 1000 500"Randy, what's unclear about it? Those folks must not have read the post carefully!! An altitude alert is an altitude alert and there is only one thing that is an altitude alert - you guessed it, an altitude alert ;-)The other things are callouts, as they're called out :-)"Now, on descent do you have a MCP altitude that you are leveling off at and do not get the ALT ALERT for? Give examples please no general statements."Well I'm afraid I'm just going to give you another general statement:It doesn't work for me either!I can't comment on the other items.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Mark, Give Randy a litle respect he is on this forum constantly trying to help everyone out with this new aircraft if he or any of the other PMDG team is asking for someone to be specific that means that he is going to try to replicate the problem so that he can try to either figure out a work around or help the developers to fix the problem. Give him a break neither him or any of the other people on this forum are obligated to answer any of the questions they do it to help US.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I KNOW what he meant Mark if one looks here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=46442&page=10 But I said this for others who might not understand the question. Not everyone (as you well know) users the right terminology when talking about their problems and those who do need ot explain a bit more in detail by examples. I desire that folks who do any bug reporting do it in a manner that is useful, this means WHERE WHEN HOW and anything inbetween that could help. This is not pertaining to this post in general but for all reporting issues. There have been many who say things like "Oh I get a crash to windows everytime I am flying" or "VNAV is acting strange and disconnecting" but that does not tell us anything. An example of a good bug report would be simular to this: "FS2004, win XP PRO SP1 GF 5700 Ultra newest NV drivers I loaded up the 800 Winglet version SWA livery (2D only), my route was XXXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXXX. While climbing to my criuse altitude of FL290 I was asked by ATC to HOLD at FL220 so I set the MCP to 220 but the aircraft busted right through my MCP altitude." This gives us something to replicate easy. Anyways sirs after looking in to this it is a confirmed bug. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest rserpieri

Sorry Randy,I'm an airline pilot,for me it's normal to use the correct terms!I don't do it on purpose to show off,it just comes natural out of my mouth.I understand.....anyways.....the altitude alert is a bug and here are couple more:Do you guys have any answer on the N 2 question?There is something wrong with Hyd system!I'll be more specific:if all of my hydraulic pumps are switched off I shouldn't be able to move flaps,spoilers etc.....well,.....a)I can't move the flap LEVER(LEVER),which instead should be independent from the system pressure.b)If I press more times consequtively either F6 or F7 the flaps will retract or extend MOMENTARILY as shown by the flaps indicator,which I think is a bug since with no Hyd pressure the flaps shouldn't move at all.c)The alternate flaps works,but I think the extension speed is the same as for the normal deployment when should be instead higherd)With spoiler switches in flt ctrl area on the overhead panel in the OFF position my spoilers will still deploy,how is it possible????Thank you guys for your help,