Sign in to follow this  
jjeffreys

FS2004 Internal

Guest wee_davie_2612

>look for me this is how it works>put it to FS internal>nomatter WHAT you do, traffic always works>online, offline... does not matter>i always have traffic.>I'm really wondering why the FSUIPC mode even exists as i'm>not in need for it at all......>CheersNo AIBridge?David

Guest Paul Heaney

Wee Davie,you don't need AIBridge when set to Internal, that's the Beaut.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Paul,That's great news, the firewall I have doesn't like AIBridge. I suppose I could have written to the author to see which ports it uses but I never got round to it.So what are the differences between them? If Internal works for both on and off line why do we need the FSUIPC option? Could it simply be to add support for programs that inject the AI data directly to FSUIPC (the main one I'm talking about is SB3 when it comes out)?CheersDavid

Guest TrafficTraffic

Do you have TrafficInfo.dll in your FS9Modules folder?The internal option uses TrafficInfo.dll to read position info from the MP session. The FSUIPC option reads position info from FSUIPC, which generally means you need AIBridge to transfer MP traffic to FSUIPC.My suspicion is that the FSUIPC option will be better when SB3 comes out since SB3 will be able to potentially inject more traffic than it can install into the MP session.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)