Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

Intermediate skill level panel??

Most of the Fsim aircraft I have flown - both default and addon -all seem a bit simple to me . So I started to look at the ERJ-145 panel and boy, is that the opposite end of the spectrum!!! :) You need to be a real rated Captain to remember all the switches, etc in that panel. One day I may master it --- but in the meantime, I am looking for a kind of "Intermediate " panel for any kind of aircraft. One that is fully operational -- but not needing the expertise and memory of the ERJ-145 !!! :(Any suggestions?

If you're into General Aviation, you can't go wrong with either the FSD Cheyenne or DF Archer II. Both of them are generally easy to learn, hard to master. If you're not a casual GA fan, and you're hard-core, you could go for the Reality XP flight line avionics. While they arent quite a panel, you can add them to any panel, so it makes a great addition to the default panels. The GPS is probably the most functional unit avialable yet, but is so hard to actually "master".If you're not a GA person, might I suggest looking in the AVSIM library for "BAe 146". Its a very nice panel, not sure by whom, but its very functional, and fairly easy to learn.Hope I have helped.Scott

Guest UweR

Hi, have you tried Geof

Hy!If you want to fly a jet: I prefer the "RDB-Panel" from Rolf Dieter Buckmann for the default Learjet 45. Looks (for me) like one of the best panels for the 45.It features a switchable honeywell-system, and has some goodies like "No-Smoking"- and "Seatbelt"-switches.It works (here) with Fs2000 and Fs2002.There are two files: learrdb.zip (the panel) and learrdb4.zip (a update), but I cannot find them here at avsim.com. However, you can download them at flightsim.com...Give it a try!Greetings,Danny(near EDFU)

Guest Lobaeux4

Practise makes perfect when it comes to panels. The more you fly with Ed Grabowski's outstanding file, the better you'll get. That goes for all add-on planes. Develop a flow. The ERJ-145 has a great flow, and (in simple terms) it goes from left to right on the overhead panel, work it out. Print out the checklist, it's an outstanding addition to this panel. All aircraft including real-life aircraft have a "flow" to them, you just got to practise it. 'Course as old as the C-130 is, the "flow" isn't exactly ergonomically setup as newer aircraft, but it still didn't take long to get it down, and it's much, much more complicated than any add-on aircraft on FS2K2. I'm a dummy, if I can do it, I'm sure you can.LobaeuxTakes more than "monkey-skills" to be a pilot

Bazza,ERJ panel is not that complicated. I spent about 3 days studying the manual, then made some simple flights, and within 2 more days I was an "expert". At least by the end of this you will have a satisfaction that you accomplished something.Michael J.

Hi uwe, what are the files needed for geoff's bonanza?

Guest Lobaeux4

Did I say "Ed"? HOLY COW!! Sorry Bill for the mistake, I'm not even sure I know an Ed Grabowski. Previous post was made with the input of a little Crown Royal, I wholeheartedly apologise for the mistake.LobaeuxWho's Ed Grabowski?

Bazza,Allow me to heartily recommend:Yannick Lavigne (and team) unbelievable Falcon 50 ... an incredible piece of software to fly ... there are a few liveries like FedEx and UPS (I think) if you want to have a reason to fly from Brisbane to Alice Springs to deliver packagesEspen

>really unreal Fokker 50 ... >just dl'd that one, read the stuff, did a circuit at EDDF >... what an awesome piece of software. I never liked turbo >props ... but I could be easily converted .. all the detail Do the Fokker, Falcon come with fully working Flight Director ?. One of the highlights of Bill's ERJ is flawlessly working FD which can't be said of even some commercial packages.Michael J.

Good to know they "have" it. Whether it works correctly it is a different matter. I guess I have to install it to find out.Michael J.

The FD in the Falcon does not work correctly. It represents a single cue director but it slides left and right for lateral commands. As you know, a V bar should rotate instead. A little disorienting. It is however, fairly easy to rectify by replacing it with an ADI from either concorde.gau or PG's 707. With the 707 ADI, you also need to paste the background bitmap around the ADI from that panel onto the Falcon's panel main.bmp The colors are fairly close.The Fokker 50's FD works correctly, basic but correct.Sanchez-Castener's ATR includes a nice autopilot which has an accurate speed climb/descent mode. It fits well in place of the default AP of the Falcon.

Lobaeux,Crown Royal? No wonder. You need to switch to Jack Daniels.Bill