Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

Gear Up - Two Greens !!!!!

Guest Fjorko

What happened here ?After takeoff from my origin, my left wheel never retracted fully, so i flew like that untill my destination, and when i landed, I guess it felt that it's had it for the night and decided to collapse LOL :) !!!!!!Why would one wheel not retract on takeoff ?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73592.jpg

We do not know you tell us ;-) Do you have failures enabled? What speed did you try to retract the gear? I have tested this area and on purpose oversped the gear limit speed and got stuck gear damage but other than that I really don't have a clue.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Fjorko

WellI took off at about 146Kts - the normal speed according to the FMCSo nothing wierd there.....I did not enable failures within the PMDG 800/900 Styles or anything and neither internally on FS9Oh well, guess i just had a bad nightOnce again , as usual i struggled to get her up and away because i alsmost stalled - I never know WHEN to start retracting the flaps and i never know when to INCREASE speed after takeoff ( i think you call it acceleration altitude ?? ) It all happens so fast - plus in the mean time you need to press CMD and LNAV otherwise you go completely off course :/ !Also, if you start retracting flaps, you see the 5, 2 ,1 and Up flags on the speed tape, but it seems to take ages for the plane to get to those speeds and i then usually put the flaps at that number, so if the speed arrives at number one....i set flaps to 1 etc.....is this correct ??Whew !!!! :) Sorry about all the questions !Bye

Go STRAIGHT from flaps 5 to flaps 1. So once you reach the white bug speed (V2 +15) RETRACT to flaps 1. Worry about flaps UP higher up. I think you have too much power at TO. Please try using CLB 1-2 (very rare that real pilots need full TO thrust) so de-rate wherever possible! You will then notice more time to get the checklist done. You can at 1000' or 3000' set speed on the MCP to the bugs up speed then fully retract flaps and then increase speed 250 (USA under 10000'250 MAX). If we can help you more in the learning process feel free to ask here on the forum. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |