Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

What do I push on the FMC for decent?

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi All again,Forgive me as I have not read the manuals fully but my question is this,I am used to flying with the Dreamfleet 737-400 and using there FMC. When ATC tells me to decend, I would set my altitude in the MCP and then go to the FMC Decent page and hit the capture button and the airplane will decend using the FMC.How do I accomplish this task with the PMDG FMC?ThanksCYQRVincent

On the real aircraft and modelled in the PMDG NG simply reset the MCP altitude to the clearance altitude and push the DES NOW prompt on the DEScent page. DES NOW replaced CAPTURE in later FMC updates..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Randy,I'll give this a try, I still have lots of reading ahead of me.CYQRVincent

Guest Zapper

Hi,In normal day to day ops you would normally be cleared for a DES at a reasonable distance b4 your planned ToD. ie "XXX when rdy DES FL210" ATC usually have a very good idea what your ECON PATH and prefrred ToD is and will attempt to give you that so they clear you to DES when you are ready. You set new level in MCP and let FMC take you down when it is ready.If however you are told "XXX DES now FL210" then again you set it in the MCP and on DES page press the DES NOW. This will start you down the hill at about 1000'/min until you capture the VNAV PTH as indcated by your chinese glideslope.Hope this helps,Brad Marsh

Guest Fjorko

HiI did the DES Now test last night, and sure it started down at 1000fpm, but as soon as i overflew the TOD marker, the descent path indicator on the right didn't show up.Any idea why ? Or should i rather ask - will it show up if you started your descend earlier than TOD ?Many Thanks

Um it should have showed up the moment you pushed the DES NOW button. For a valid descent path you must have a valid end of descent point E/D. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Fjorko

RandyI did come up eventually, but only about 10-20 seconds after i passed the T/D marker.And as i mentioned in the other post that little diamond just don't want to stay centered, even if i'm on VNAV Descend.Guess I'll have to practice some more descends, i'm sure the problem lies with the Pilot in Command !! LOL :)