Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Bug Report - Extinguishers Inop

Guest jase439

I think this may have been reported previously - so forgive my redundancy, but the extinguishers in the 800/900 appear to be inoperative. Previous versions would discharge the bottles and shut down the engine. The annunciators light up, but nothing happens to the affected engine. Shouldn't the extinguishers cutoff fuel to the engine?Jason Barlow

Guest jase439

Can anyone else confirm or not confirm this?

Jason and allAll of the posts that you or anybody else is issuing are read. Either by PMDG team or the beta testers. This is especially true after a release. As has been stated in earlier releases the team will read, but not necesarily respond to these posts.Thus, the fact you don't get an answer does not mean it's been unnoticed.Thanks,

Guest jase439

Wasn't so much a question of whether or not it was read; more to the point: am I doing something wrong? While this appears to be a bug in the product (i.e. observed functionality runs contrary to documentation), I certainly would not be the first to fall prey to "user error" :) If such is the case, it'd be great to know what solutions, suggestions, or workarounds may exist...or if in fact, determine if other owners of this product have experienced a similar problem and/or discovered workarounds of their own.Thank you and the beta team, however, for your efforts.J

I think maybe a simple "noted" would be in order then.It's frustrating to report something and then not be sure if it's been read or not. And it would also seem impolite to continuously bump the topic up as a result.Tero

PPL(A)

Yes we are aware of this. PMDG are very hard looking and fixing things guys. Just post what you come across and we will try to give the thread a heads up..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Stassiebal

I have the same thing happening. Pull the big red lever and nothing happens. Don't get anything lighting up or engine's shutting down!I used the 737-800 in the South African Airways Livery with virtual Cockpit but no cabin. Running FS9 on windows XP. FSUIPC registered.RegardsDe