Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Bug Report - FLT Control Cutoff Inop

Guest jase439

The hydraulic cutoffs on the overhead panel for the control surfaces, do not appear to function. Low Pressure is indicated when one or both switch covers are up, but seemingly has no effect on or off. Was this feature actually modelled or are these placebo switches?Jason Barlow

Guest jase439

Can anyone else confirm or not confirm this?

Please see my response to your other bump.Thanks,

Guest jbB737

>>The hydraulic cutoffs on the overhead panel for the control>surfaces, do not appear to function. Low Pressure is>indicated when one or both switch covers are up, but seemingly>has no effect on or off. Was this feature actually modelled>or are these placebo switches?Here's a question in response to your question... why do you wanna flip those switches anyway? There's no real reason to use 'em except for maintenance purposes or possibly troubleshooting a hydraulic flight control failure... unlikely in this sim.I've been an FO on the 737 for over 5 years and have close to 5,000 hours in 300/500/700/800/900 series... and I've never touched those switches. Never seen a captain touch them. Never used them during a training event in a real sim. I've never even seen a mechanic use them.I wouldn't worry too much about those things not working...Just my 2 cents,John

John,It's not a question of whether or not they will be used (obviously not), rather if they CAN be used. ;)As us simmers often lack the possibility of flying these things for real, we are unable to get some of the feelings and things from the real world and thus want the sim to be perfect in every aspect (to make up for the lack of feeling of flight etc.).Agreed, they needn't work, but I can understand the topic opener's trail of thought :).regardsTero

PPL(A)

Guest jase439

Because:1. Someone took the time to implement and include them in the sim and document their functionality2. I'm curious; I like to know what every button does3. I'm not a FO on a '37...I'm a hobbiest, and I enjoy learning about aircraft systems with which I am unfamiliar.4. Realism - I am fascinated by the level of realism people in this hobby have been able to achieve in a $49 sim (in particular PMDG, which in my estimation, has raised the bar to a new level).5. I want to see what I bought :) Whether or not I would use these features in practice isn't really here nor there. If you want to make that argument, however, you could just as easily ask why PMDG put them there in the first place. Obviously, they were interested in these things too. I get gidy when I can mess with the fuse box in some sims :) Silly? Perhaps. Realistic? Probably not. Fun? You bet!J