Sign in to follow this  
mtan002

The Altitude Readout in PFD is Not Right

As you can in the following shot, the bird (737-800) has climbed to the altitude (250FL) set in the FMC and MCP. But why is the readout 200FL? Did I miss something?Michael TanYSCB

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Yep I believe that Lefteris has identified that Bug.It most likley hame in when he implemented the new rolling digits display system.Good job for capturing it on Pic ;)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Gents-I've SEEN your displays, but I've not been able to identify what's causing it.Can you tell me about your system fonts? (In particular, Arial and Arial Narrow?)Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Buck Bolduc

Hy, Lefteris.After installing the 8/900 package and apon starting fs9 I got a message box: "arial (-12)missing using, Lucida Sans Serif instead.And then several more, missing arial (-18), -13, -16, -11, etc.After each it tells you what font it will use in it's place, this varies.I neede to write up a small poster and installed an old ver. of MS word, office 95, was in a hurry. I thought perhaps it wiped out some of my fonts, but maybe not?After reading you post I'm wondering.I notice the flap readout fonts are pretty large (dont bother me tho)when you elect to place them over the engine guages.Perhaps I'll install MS Office 2000, maybe I'll get my darn fonts back, or whatever.Your thoughts are allways wellcome.Regards

Hi Buck-OK- now we're getting somewhere! Are you also noticing the wrong displays in the altimeter? (EFIS/Map or PFD/ND config)The Arial and Arial Narrow fonts are default with WinXP, so I am wondering what might have erased them...

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi Lefteris, I was also having display problems but as far as I can see both arial and arial narrow are installed and working.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest RogerRoger

MORE IMPORTANTLY - why are you playing spider solitaire?????;)Scott

Guest Buck Bolduc

Lefteris.I haven't noticed a descrepency in the altimiter, allthough I didn't look that closely. I would think I would have noticed tho.I allso did not know those fonts were installed with XP.One problem I do have is seeing the APP button on the MCP panel etc.,I figured perhaps I could correct it with a monitor/color adjustment?I am rater busy at the moment, later I will take a good look at the ALT display and get back to you.The panel backlighting is very good. a bit more lighting on the panel itself,(front lighting???) would make it a good deal eisyer to see the swithes/buttons etc.I have another addon, RFP which does a great job with panel lighting, after I found the switch that is.Thanks for the quick response!You guy's are great.Best

LefterisYou gave me a hint on my display problem. It is the large font that's causing the problem. I just rebooted with normal size font and tested the readout. Everything is OK.I guess I have to live with the defect caused by large font size. I HAVE to use large font. I am over 50 and need the large size. How I wish I can fly one day on a 40 inche plasma or LCD screen instead of thsi little 17" LCD.Thanks for the hint.Michael TanYSCB

All my girl friends are busy serving pax at the back. :9 I didn't know what to do with myself. I blamed PMDG for making this plane so good. It almost flies by itself. One day we pilots will have no jobs!Have fun.Michael TanYSCB

Michael-very interesting find.I don't know how much can be done around this, if it's indeed the problem.Can everyone else attest to using large fonts in WinXP, causing this issue? Marcom?Cheers,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Buck Bolduc

Lefteris.I finaly had time to check out the altimiter issue.You asked if my altimiter works ok, font wise etc.It works fine all fonts look good to me. It's nice and smooth, no problems.Regards