Sign in to follow this  
Guest staalemoum

PMDG 737-60/700/800/900 engine sounds

Guest staalemoum

Hi PMDG Team.Now my addon is working perfect. But during engine starts, takeoff etc. The engine sound is low. In the sounds option in fs9 the engine is set to the highest. I have sitten in the cockpit for real many times. And I wish the sound for the pmdg 737 could be more roaring.Like you almost could feel the power of the engines. Is their any way I could change the sound config to do this? Also the aircond sound totally drowns the engine sound.Staale Moum

Guest haromo

Hi Staale,No offence to PMDG cause they're the best, but you could buy Ariane's NG stereo soundpack.Though quite expensive I am using it and it totally rocks!Regards,Haromo

Guest georg

Aha yea, Ariane is maybe good one. I have also watched several videos of 737s cockpit flights and they are really like whining when setting power up on takeoff.

Guest captbulldog 2

Can you really hear the engines from the flightdeck?

Hi,According to the real orld drvers in the beta team. Most of the noise in the cockpit is generated by wind, HSI shaker, recirc fans, speed trim and the F/O. Not much heard of the engines and even less of the APU.It's not like the quiet office cubicle you know...LOLCheers,

Guest captbulldog 2

That's what I thought :-) I fine tuned the sound in the PIC767 to hear mostly the wind because I know that you almost can't hear the engines. However, I did wonder if the engines are more pronounced in the smaller 737.

Guest staalemoum

Every time I have sitten in the cockpit. I can hear the engines more then the PMDG does.

Guest technobie

Sitting in first class, row 1, you can definitely hear a whine (maybe more of a whirrrr sound) in a 737-800. Did this trip EWR-SAN in real life and the sounds from PMDG and row 1 are quite different. The pit isn't that far away from row 1...Just my 2 cents since the subject was brought up.Chris Driveretherspeed@sbcglobal.netKBDL (Previously KSFO)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

"The pit isn't that far away from row 1..."Ah, but the windows are a lot thicker in the cockpit ;-)Other things to consider.Sound decreases inversely proportional to the square of the distance (or am I thinking of light intensity?)The prevailing (300kt) wind blows the sound away :()Cheers.Ian.