Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mnarboe

Autopilot question

Guest Mnarboe

Hello everyone,I have a question about the autopilot, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. The problem is that whenever I activate the AP for the first time on a flight, Level change and heading modes are already activated, so I have to rush and turn them off ASAP. What I want to do is simply to activate the autpilot channel A with no modes active and THEN activate whatever modes I want in the order I want. I prefer the aircraft to not start turning in the wrong direction when I turn on the AP. Is there any way to do this? Have I missed something very obvious?Regards,Morten N

Hi Morten,You can't turn on the A/P without any mode active. But you can turn on any mode without activating the A/P, but only use F/D to fly it manually. Use the F/D to line up your aircraft according to the needles and the mode you would like, and then hit the CMD A or B.Hope it helps,

Guest Mnarboe

Sounds OK to me, I'll try that.Thanks for the answer :)Regards,Morten N

Guest georg

Or CWS mode that I prefer to use for a looong time after taking off :-).

Guest jbB737

>You can't turn on the A/P without any mode active. But you can>turn on any mode without activating the A/P, but only use F/D>to fly it manually. >>Use the F/D to line up your aircraft according to the needles>and the mode you would like, and then hit the CMD A or B.Actually, you can turn on the A/P (real a/c) without selecting a F/D mode... it's called CWS, or Control Wheel Steering. It basically acts as a wing leveller, primitive but useful when deviating around weather buildups without having to totally hand fly it. Are the CWS switches inop on this panel?John B-737 FO

Guest amerton

Morten,This is correct behaviour (going to HDG SEL / FL CH) when you are in TOGA pitch mode / wings leveller mode and switch CMD on.AnthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

JohnYes, the CWS switches and the different CWS modes are actually modelled in this sim. Try it out!And OK. You can turn on the A/P without any mode active. But you have to push the CWS A or B, not CMD A or B. ;-)Cheers,