Sign in to follow this  
Guest melvin925

This is gonna sound strange

Guest melvin925

Ok the new 737/800-900 models are GREAT!!!!!!!!. i inly have one prob. i dont know whow to fly using the FMC. I also like flying using FSNAV. Is there a way to disable the FMC so that i can fly have full use of the AP with using the FMC. including V-speed ??? Please help thanks you.

Hi,Please remember to sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules.Now to your question. No there is no way to fly the NG with the A/P in FSNav. The A/P is totally built from the ground up by PMDG and does not use any functions within FS, which is necessary for FSNav to control the plane.However, I think you will enjoy flying with FMC once you master it. There are two really good tutorial on how to fly this baby. One, and the one you should start with, written by Fred Clausen, and the other one, which is a little bit more advanced, written by Tim Metzinger.These two tutes are both in the AVSIM file library. Do a search on each author's name and be sure to pick up the latest revision of each tutorial.Happy learning, :-)

Guest schmidtrock

You may use the AP without the FMC. Just don't select VNAV or LNAV. However, I encourage you to spend some time in learning the fabulous FMC. You will be pleased I promise. Kudos to PMDG !!Regards,

Guest LLgaz

I suggest you study the FMC manual too. Don't try to grasp everything immediately. Just try to do enough to get you into the air and flying. Once that is mastered, you can start exploring the other functions at your own pace.There are some good tutorials written. Do a search of the file library.