Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoM

How to add the SID/STAR...

Guest PoM

I tried downloading the SID/Star....but when I went into the PMDg 737-700 there was no sids/stars at the airports....how do I add them??...all so how do I know which SID/STAR to use when departing and arrivingThank you

Hi there.The SID/STAR file should be located in your PMDGSIDSTARS folder in FS9, ex: C:/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9/PMDG/SIDSTARS/. Normally you will get the a SID with you clearence before take-off. In the sim you have to choose a SID which is assosiated with your takeoff rwy and will bring you to your flight route. The same goes for the STAR, choose one that will match your way out of your flight route and on to the approach and rwy in use at destination. Also take into account traffic, weather cond. etc.But the best way is to have charts for your dep and arr. A flightplanner like FsBuild is an helpful tool in this manner.I strongly urge you to read the basics of this in the FMC manual from page 8 - 24. You should also take your time with Timothy Metzinger's excellent tutorial.Hope this helps, at least as a little starter... Please let me know if I can help any further.

Guest schmidtrock

Anyone having problems with the most recent sid/star pack? I frequent KMIA and am getting errors with the 9's and have no sids or stars for this airport. I also have the latest airac installed. Any suggestions ? Help

Hi Kevin.Do you have the latest SID/STAR database PMDG_Procedures_0404 installed? The 0404 does use the new rwy numbers, the earlier didn't. I just loaded in KMIA to check again and had no errors. The procedures can be downloaded from the PMDG site.There was a post recently about this issue due to change in rwy numbering etc, take a look at his one here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...45737&mode=full

Guest schmidtrock

Thanks Per,I will check this out. I thought I did have the new 0404 loaded but maybe not. Will research this. I had tried the rwy renumbering method as posted in another thread to no avail.Thanks again,

Guest PoM

If someone does mind...could they go step through step on how they load the SID/STAR into the PMDg I know you downloaded them and place tehm in the folder...but i think I might be doing smething wrong...Thank you

Guest stang

>If someone does mind...could they go step through step on how>they load the SID/STAR into the PMDg I know you downloaded>them and place tehm in the folder...but i think I might be>doing smething wrong...OK. Here is a step by step.There is more than one way to do this but this is one way to do it.1. Backup any procedures (airports) you want to keep. They are in the /PMDG/SIDSTARS folder within your flight sim folder.2. Download the zipped procedures file. 3. Open windows explorer and navigate to, or find, where the procedures file was stored.4. Right click on the zipped procedures file. This should open up a menu window. Click extract to.5. This pops up a window where you can navigate to where you want to extract the files to. Find and click the /PMDG/SIDSTARS folder within your flight sim folder.6. Click the OK button. A window should pop up now asking you to confirm overwriting files. Click ALL so it will overwrite all the old procedure files. This will extract all the files to that folder.7. Restore any procedures you want to. All done.Hope this wasn't too basic.Note: You can always verify what cycle you have installed by opening any of the airport files with an editor. The header will tell you what cycle it is.RegardsTerry

Guest PoM

One question...how do I1. Backup any procedures (airports) you want to keepThank you

Just copy the procedures you want to keep to another folder on your hard drive. Then install the PMDG_procedures as Terry explained. Personally I have a folder called SIDSTARS_BACKUP (can be anywhere on your computer) where I move the procedures I want to keep BEFORE I install a new cycle.If you want to restore the procedures you saved, just copy them back to the /PMDG/SIDSTARS folder again. Does it make sense?

Guest PoM

Sorry....but what are the PROCEDURES that I may want to put in another folder?Thank you

Guest stang

>Sorry....but what are the PROCEDURES that I may want to put>in another folder?Hi Chad. Procedures is short for Terminal Procedures which is the general term for SIDs, STARs and IAPs. The procedures are within each file which is named using the 4 letter code for the particular airport, for example KORD.TXT. To save any procedures you want to keep just copy the airport file to the folder you are using for the backup as suggested. The reason you may want to back up an airport's procedures is if you have an updated or changed airport file you want to keep. Perhaps you downloaded an airport from www.navdata.at to get additional procedures for an airport that are not in the DAFIF. You would want to save those so you can replace them after you have updated to the next whole cycle of procedures. Hence the backup and restoration.This help make it more clear?RegardsTerry