Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

800/900 Cold & Dark Starting Procedure Problem

HiI'm just getting to grips with the 800/900 having flown the 700 for about 8 months now.However, i've encountered a problem attempting a start after loading up PMDG's cold and dark flight.When i attempt to open the apu bleed after an apu start, i get no pressure rising in the left duct - the needle remains stationary. I must stress that i'm pretty familiar with the 700 starting procedure but have noticed that the 800/900 now has two recirc fans. I've looked through all of the documentation pdf's but don't seem to be able to find a step-by-step starting procedure for the 800/900. If i carry on, though, i can successfully start the engines.However, i also have a second problem where i can't communicate with atc, the pop-up menu appears but i am anable to hear any comms or request an ifr departure - pressing the associated number on the keyboard has no effect (works fine for a non cold & dark flight.) Are the two problems related - or am i missing something fundermental in the 800/900 that doesn't apply to the 700 ?Your help much appreciatedGary

Guest zip

You may have the electrical system bug that appears to be a known FS9 problem. If you have FSUIPC registered, make sure you have the extended battery turned on. Check your failures menu in the systems tab and check for any failure. An electrical failure will affect radio and voice, including ATC and ATIS.Someone said the pressure is a little low for the APU but I haven't had problems with the 800 once I figured out the battery bug. I also want to say that the battery bug is affecting not just the PMDG stuff but the PSS stuff as well, and seems to be related to how you start.Never had this with the 700 either.I would suggest you start with a stock plane (like the 172 Cessna), with engines running and avionics on, save that as the default flight, restart FS9 with that default loaded, then change to the PMDG. This seems to help.

Thanks for your reply E.M.I think you're probably right about the battery (can't say for sure as i'm writing this from work) as recovering a flight (without started engines) that wasn't started from cold and dark doesn't give the same symptons.RegardsGary