Sign in to follow this  
Guest FattyBear

So does anyone want to fix the radio bug?

Guest FattyBear

Um. No.We kinda enjoy making sure our customers go through a lot of pain about this. It's a practical joke we played on all of you! Haha!---It *would* help if we could get some informative steps of solid ways to reproduce it, instead of the same questions over and over. I don't mean to sound rude, but I personally am spending LOTS of time in the forum trying to help everyone, so I'd like SOME kind of understanding that I am not sitting idle, and a bit of help in reproducing the bugs.Thanks for listening.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest FattyBear

I dont know how to reproduce it. On the 10 or so flights I have done in the 800/900 it has done it competley at random. I have tried assigning keys to the battery switch, avioncs master etc. I dont have a registered version of FSUIPC, but I didn't have one with the 600/700 and I did not have this problem.

Guest christianholmes

It happened to me again last night- The difficult part is that I don't spend my time tuning radios so I can't say precisely *when* it happened. I tried to respond to an ATC request and couldn't. What I can say is that I tried flipping the generator buttons- both of them. It didn't fix the problem. I turned off gen 1, and it then worked. I was able to finish the flight with just gen 2.

Guest JDiaz

I had the same problem and it seems to be the only bug i've experienced, so I must say you guys did a wonderful job on this bird.The difficult thing about this issue is no one action seems to trigger it, it happens randomly but normally only after being in the air for a while, the two times I've experienced it where on flights of two hours or more. It seems FS9 has the shift+M key assigned to the battery and I pressed that and then pressed it again to turn it back on and it seemed to fix the problem, it's possible that there is some sort of drain on the battery and the overhead isnt recognizing there's power coming from the engine generators. Weird thing is it seems to only affect the radios and my strobe lights, the main disaplays on the panel, the FMC, the autopilot all continue to work normally, it's very oddJason Diaz

Guest N1152S

My problem is very consistant. It happens on every flight shortly after the 1hr mark. Not being a developer/beta tester its kinda hard to know exactly what you need to be told so just let me know and I'll supply you with any information I can get

Guest Exu

HiI had this bug on the first and second day that the 800/900 came out.I did a lot of things since then with the configurations, but what I think cleared it for me was uninstall - re-install everything PMDG with their removal tool, loaded the default Cesna, turned everything off, EXCEPT FOR THE AVIONICS SWITCH, loaded the PMDG and saved it as my default flight. I also checked the extended battery life in FSUIPC registered version.Hope this helps.Eric St-Louis

This is so bizarre guys - I never saw this even once in any of the flights I did during the beta. Wonder what the heck causes this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest diajohn2

I have only had the problem once and that was after I went into a speed up mode(time compression) in FS9. When I have flown normal time, I have no radio lockup.

Guest jetstar230

I have had no Problems with my Radio Ive done 10 flights now with the 800s lasting between 1-3 hours each!!!

Guest turby

I had the same problem on my first and second flight(RJAA-RKSI).Around 1 hour after the departure, radio didn't work.Specifically speaking, NAV, COMM, and ADF didn't respond.I hadn't had any problem like this on my 600/700.Anyways, I trust the PMDG's customer service.Fly safely!Kwangtok Chang

I had the radio problem too. I fixed it by editing my aircraft.cfg[electrical]electric_always_available=1(i.e. add electric_always_available=1 into the [electrical] section)So far radios working fine. I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC.Tim Dobrowolsky

Lefteris,What I am starting to see more and more with people having problems is that many folks are starting FS with a default flight situation. I may be off base on this one, but please try to go through this scenario. People are starting FS9 with the default C172 and then switch over to the PMDG 737. There are many states populated in that startup configuration that are different from the 737NG states.Next, I don't start FS in the default situation EVER. I fly my PMDG737 to an airport and then save it at that location and make IT the default situation. When I start FS9 up again it of course it starts where I saved the last flight. I then run the complete checklist. I do have a registered version of FSUIPC and I do have extended battery checked ON.What my suspicions are; the MSFS default states don

Lefteris, I may have put this in the wrong spot;What I am starting to see more and more with people having problems is that many folks are starting FS with a default flight situation. I may be off base on this one, but please try to go through this scenario. People are starting FS9 with the default C172 and then switch over to the PMDG 737. There are many states populated in that startup configuration that are different from the 737NG states.Next, I don't start FS in the default situation EVER. I fly my PMDG737 to an airport and then save it at that location and make IT the default situation. When I start FS9 up again it of course it starts where I saved the last flight. I then run the complete checklist. I do have a registered version of FSUIPC and I do have extended battery checked ON.What my suspicions are; the MSFS default states don