Sign in to follow this  
Guest Premier Airways

Slow Frame Rates

thx you may consider getting more RAM. Both Far Cry and FS 2004 will benefit a lot by having 1 gig of RAM really.I don

Guest thx1137

Gday, I picked up a 512Mb stick an hour ago and just been doing a fresh install of Fs2004. Unfortunately my MB only has two slots and my old 512 came in two sticks so I can only have 778 Mb all up. The performance is pretty much unchanged. The default 737 that comes with FS gives me about 25 FPS which is lower than I would have though.I'm running out of ideas. Maybe my PC3200 RAM is running at 133MHz or something.Steven W.

Hi there,I've had very similar problems, no matter what trick I did, FPS was low, by no means acceptable although I have a decent system to run FS9. Then I realized that I had two sound cards, one inbuilt my motherboard and one installed in PCI slot1. I was using my MSSW joystick plugged in the PCI sound card, but had the game and the system running on the motherboard one.By uninstalling and removing the PCI sound card, and using the joystick on the MB plug, all the FPS problems were gone.Is this similar to your case?Cheers,

Guest thx1137

>I've had very similar problems, no matter what trick I did, Me? No, I have an onboard sound card, none of my PCI slots are being used for anything. Everything I have is USB as well, keyboard, mouse, yoke... Disabling sound in the sim doesn't change anything either.Steven W.

StevenDid you do any tweaking of the video card? I have a geForce FX5600 Ultra 128Mb with latest certified driver. Putting that driver from Quality to Performance doubled my frame rates. Well at least that's what it seemed like. I now have decent frame rates at Simflyers KORD with the 737-NG, like 15-25 FPS depending on what I am facing. Simflyers sure is a heavy scenery.I don't know how the drivers are set up for ATI cards but sure rthere must be tweak guides for the ATIs as well. Also. Try out these settings changing the values in the [DISPLAY.Device.Device name XXX.0] in the FS9.cfg:RenderToTexture=0TextureAGP=0PanelAsTexture=0 Hope it helps,

Guest navneet_cxp

Hi Guys,My settings are :Screen: 1024x768Terrain Mesh: 51Texture Size: MediumWater Effects: Land OnlySpecial Effects: HighScenery Complex: Sparse Atogen Density: SparseSun and lens flare: OnTexture blending: OnExtended textures: OnVC cockpit: LowReflections: OnAircraft shadows: OnLanding Lights: OnWeather Sight: 60Cloud sraw: 503-d clouds 50Complex cloudsT & L: OnMip mapping: 8Hardware Lights: 8Global textures: HighTry these settings.Try the TWEAKED DRIVERS By Omega which are located at :www.omegacorner.com* U must not run any background applications like virus scanners etc.* Dont use Activesky(any version) if u are using it 'coz it reduces frames drastically.* Make sure you have more that 1.5 GB of free space on the drive FS9 is installed.* RAM is definitely a factor.Try these and let me know:-Navneet-|www.precisionmanuals.com|-http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest moose_VUSN

i am also getting terrible frame rates.my specs are:P4 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB HTASUS P4P800 Intel 82865PE2GB DDR400 Dual Channel [4x 512 DIMMs with heat sinks]120GB SATA ATA-150 8MB CACHE 12000rpm [FS2002, FS2004 drive]80GB IDE HD [Windows XP pro SP1, system drive]GF FX5950 ULTRA 256MBi SHOULD NOT be getting terrible frame rates. but i do with this panel.using any other aircraft & EVERYTHING on maximum & flying on VATSIM (& no fps limit set) i get from 50-200fps normally!!!FS2004 is tweaked quite a bit & looks gorgeous!!!when i load up the PMDG 737NG 2D panel (i don't use the VC) it drops to ~7-10fps & after ~1/2 hour crashes FS2004, giving a "run out of memory error." but i clearly have enough & a HUGE page file.

Guest thx1137

I have got it going better. I downloaded a copy of SiSoft's Sandra and found my memory bandwidth was really poor. I set my memory speeds manually and got a nearly 30% increase in memory performance which brings it up to fairly standard sorts of numbers. I had to bring my CPU back to 3GHz (from 3.3) because of instability when coupled with the RAM settings, goes to show CPU speed isn't everything. This 30% memory bandwidth increase translates to approximately 15 FPS in the VC and 23 in the 2d panel (in the cold front weather conditions, I like clouds :-)) which is about a 6 FPS increase. Nearly all my settings are on full again.The free version of Sandra is great for doing a bit of troubleshooting! If I can get my hands on some better quality memory (CAS 2.0) I recon I'll be in heaven. My aim is to get 25 FPS in the VC in cloudy weather.Steven W.

Guest fs3tofs9

I owe you (and other here) a big thanks. After reading your detailed posts in this thread concerning your setup and frame rate situtation, I realized that my system was suffering abnormally low frame rates as well. I downloaded Sandra and it told me that my AGP bus was not set at full capability. That started me investigating. I soon realized that I had neglected to install my AGP-miniport drivers for my non-Intel chipset (i.e., VIA in my case) when I was building my system. These drivers are real easy to forget about. I installed them and re-installed my ATI drivers and immediate a plus 10 framerate increase.R. Foster

Guest Nickman

In detailed airports (like seattle), I usually have about a 5 - 10 fps decrease, but it still runs smooth enough to call it good performance. Only thing I can think of is that my processor is just a tad faster that yours. Generally, an AMD Athlon XP 3200 @ 2.2 Ghz can run as fast as an Intel Pentium 4 3.0 because Intel has different pipelines thus having different speeds but running at the same performance.Also, try setting your AGP aperture size to 128 or 256 (mine) mb in the BIOS or overclock (not too much) it if you can.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western Digital

Guest Premier Airways

WHAT DID YOU SET THEM TOO

Guest thx1137

No worries! I don't think there is much more I can do with my system with my current hardware but I can finally start getting into some flying again. :-) It's been awhile.Steven W.

Guest thx1137

Ow, my ears!****************************************************These settings are use at your OWN RISK as they can prevent your machine from booting and will require you to have a montherboard that supports auto-undoing of overclock settings or to manually short out the CMOS memory on the motherboard so you can reconfigure the BIOS. If you don't know what this all means then leave it alone is my advice! ****************************************************CAS latency 2.5Ras precharge 3Ras-case delay 3Prechage delay 6Burst length 8idle timer infiniterefresh rate 64uSecSteven W.