Sign in to follow this  
gbalean

Braking

Hi All!Is there a way you can disable manual braking disabling autobrakes? This is because I have the CH Rudder pedals, and the moment I use them, the toe brakes are also touched slightly (no, I can't be any more careful to avoid them, it always happens when you touch the rudder pedals to some extemt) and it disengages the autobrakes, which doesn't make for a very realistic / fancy landing roll. :)Thanks for your time as always ;)Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesturday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi All!>Is there a way you can disable manual braking disabling>autobrakes? This is because I have the CH Rudder pedals, and>the moment I use them, the toe brakes are also touched>slightly (no, I can't be any more careful to avoid them, it>always happens when you touch the rudder pedals to some>extemt) and it disengages the autobrakes, which doesn't make>for a very realistic / fancy landing roll. :)>>Thanks for your time as always ;)>>Geoffrey Balean>Canberra, AU (YSCB)Just as a data point, I have the CH pedals and don't have this problem. I do use FSUIPC to process the pedals though, so maybe this makes a difference.

Guest benw

I also have these pedals, and experience the same problem. A few times I've set the autobrake to 3 and landed smootly in the touchdown zone, only to keep barrelling down the runway wondering what the heck's going on and having to stomp on the pedals to prevent an over-run!I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, is there any other fix perhaps? I didn't happen with the 600/700.Ben

Guys - Also have the CH pedals and the registered FSUIPC. Thus I have them calibrated from withing FSUIPC.There is a workaround for this:Users with an unregistered FSUIPC- Try to crank up your deadzone for the brake axises in FS(I don't have my game devices connected right now so can't see if there is a brake axis in the sensivity dialog)Users with a registered FSUIPC- Calibrate the brake axis within FSUIPC. When you set the Min value be sure to press down the brake pedal a tiny bit. This way you will create a small deadzone before the brakes apply.Hope it helps,