Sign in to follow this  
Guest nandrzej

Spped Brakes ... Dont deploy

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,See my post [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=49278&mesg_id=49278&page=]here[/a] for my opinion/take/theory on the whole thing.After all, is it not what we all want the game (sorry, simulation :)) to be, as the beaten-to-death phrase goes - 'As Real As It Gets'?:)CheersDavid

Hello my good dear old friend ;-)Don't you find it abit strange that suddenly after the 800/900 release, everyone has all of a sudden forgot the procedures for how to handle the spoilers/lost their calibration of their flight controls?

Richard Åsberg

Guest jase439

Shhh...you'll expose the conspiracy *nudge nudge*.

Guest filip146

Hi Randy,I am very sorry, on the new -800/-900 series when doing an autoland with spoilers confirmed armed (light + lever)THEY DO NOT DEPLOY. On the -600/-700 series: no problems. I had them deployed two times when the armed light was illuminted, but the lever in the DOWN position....For me its a bug, and MUST be fixed by PMDG. I want to be able to make autolands with all systems working. If you use real world weather in FS like I do, you sometimes need it! Filip.PS: Made 6 autolands and 4 CAT II approaches last year, just for info.

Filip, PLEASE do me a favor sir, Manually move the SPOILERS to ARM (Check lite on main panel) Setup an autland, A/T ON speed de-selected 50' RA make SURE your throttles are MOVED COMPLETELY BACK (Many seem to miss this part) and THEN push the F1 button. Deploy or not? It is NOT a bug plain and simple. If it were a BUG then I certainly would not get them to deploy each and EVERYTIME now would I? [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Hi Randy, glad to hear it's working just fine for you...Just a question - for what reason do you have to press the F1 button now when we never had to do that before the 800/900 release? Obviously something has changed since the 600/700, don't you agree?

Richard Åsberg

Of course it has changed. It was modelled, or better, not modelled and worked just like the DEFAULT aircraft in the 600-700! I tell everyone to push F1 because not everyone has their joysticks to IDLE on autolands! Once G/S captures the speed window OPENS, so one either keeps spd selected and the AFS is controling it (how many manually position their throttles to idle at this time????) or are manually controlling SPD with throttles (like me) so I set the thrrottles to IDLE and to make sure they really are at idle I hit F1. Now I am not the only one that is able to accomplish this. Funny thing is all one has to do is search our forum for spoilers to see that the default way (remember that is how they worked before the 800-900) was a ISSUE for many too![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

>> Filip,>> PLEASE do me a favor sir,>> Manually move the SPOILERS to ARM (Check lite on main panel)>> Setup an autland, A/T ON speed de-selected 50' RA make SURE>your throttles are MOVED COMPLETELY BACK (Many seem to miss>this part) and THEN push the F1 button. Deploy or not? >> It is NOT a bug plain and simple. If it were a BUG then I>certainly would not get them to deploy each and EVERYTIME now>would I?>> >[h4]Best Wishes,>Randy J. Smith>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg>>AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA>@535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |I have just done what you said, it spoilers extended upon touchdown. Great. I don't even need F1 button, which is also great.But a simple question, why do I have to deselect SPD on the MCP in order to get spoilers out? I think it should work even without that! At least it did before... And I think (but am not sure) on the real aircraft, A/T and SPD stay on also until touchdown, if autoland is being performed.

OK, but how does it work in the real a/c? If I understand this correctly, if you have your throttles at idle when you touch down the spoilers should deploy - right?I have this problem and as you can see in this thread I'm far from the only one. I have just checked my throttle (using a CH flight yoke and pedals) in the configuration program for my yoke and I have absolutely no problem with calibration. Therefor I find it very strange why I have this spoilers problem when I have my throttle all the way back at touch down, don't you think?

Richard Åsberg

Guest filip146

Hi Randy,OK. Been doing some test flying.First, I must correct myself: I stated earlier that I had 2 depoyments of spoilers with "armed" light illuminated, but the spoiler in the DOWN position. WRONG. Thet lever was in the ARMED position. Sorry for this one, my mistake. Probably didn't look at the lever closely enough but it was already past midnight here in Belgium when I posted that, and my eyes were most probably a bit tired ....Secondly. The procedure you mention worked. But, I do not find it a good operating practice. It is not realistic either to depress SPD at 50ft on an autoland (espicially in marginal weather).On my last flight I didn't use the throttle on my joystick - Left it in idle,and used the keyboard instead. A/T on, A/P on, when FLARE mode is initiated (Green on PFD), HOLD F1 key. Touchdown and YES spoilers!! That's the way I'll do it in the future.Question remains, why does it work better on the -600 / -700 series?Filip

Guest ntsmith

But all this does not explain why, even when I use the mouse to arm the spoilers as I always do, that the green "armed" light does not illuminate.I would,a others seems to agree, say there is a big flaw here that needs to be addressed by PMDG.I cannot think of really much wrong with this except this and hope this will be resolved asap to make the flights easier. Its enough sorting out everything in the right order, without having to worry if things will actually work. lol.

Guys, Regardless of what was said in the other thread I have not told anyone to RTFM here, hell I have not even RTFM! LOL but this does not mean that folks having issues should not as Robert suggested. So let me speak to the "de-selection" of the speed button on an autoland. First, I only suggest this for those who have this issue and ineed want to let the AFS control their speed to the field and the reason is thisWhen the computer is in control and say you had your throttles at 60% you engaged the A/P and speed now what happens to your controller's throttle placement? If it was at 60% when the A/P took over speed it will be at 60% when the A/T is disengaged. SO pushing F1 will make SURE they are at idle. As to this not being "real" I already made comment to the fact that many pilots do not let the A/T control the speed here. It's not safe unless there is no wind whatsoever but why don't you guys ask a real pilot on a 737 or NG and ask how many of them let the A/T control their speed in approach and landing. The fact is leaving at least the A/T in ARM and manually control thrust gives one the protection from stalls AND puts him in control to react to sudden gusts etc. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

" But all this does not explain why, even when I use the mouse to arm the spoilers as I always do, that the green "armed" light does not illuminate" Not sure what you are doing there but the first thing that come to mind is that yu are not placing the lever to ARM. If you would like to show a screenshot of the throttle quadrant open and the lever in the ARM position and moved over so we can also see the spoiler light it would then be more useful that just stating the light does not come on when in fact it does come on when i set it so show me your issue. And another thing, please sign your name, it's been asked of you MANY TIMES smith ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest A321

Hi all,Im having great fun with the new birds, my only problem is the Speed brakes dont deploy for me. I have them armed, but when i touch down they just wont deploy, do i have to do it myself now?I thumped down today at EDSB from EGSS in the Ryanair livery, and nearly shot of the end of the runway...Jason

"Why would someone have a computer in charge of their THROTTLES on approach and landing? Certainly the A/T cannot react like a pilot if wind etc and at low altitudes."Interesting. I was given the opposite impression. On the 744, the MCP speed is set for Vref+5 for Autolands. For manual landings, headwinds/gusts are taken into consideration. I was told that this was because the aircraft did react faster than pilots.Go figure.Cheers.Ian.