Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aztec

TCAS beginner

Guest Aztec

Hi,I have flown a couple of times with your great 738/9 without the TCAS. My question is how do I get it to work properly? I haven't been able to find anything in the manuals. Also do I need to have a registered version of FSUIPC for it to work?Thank You.Ian Clarke

You people are all too fast in asking question. Don't get me wrong but always look to all options before asking something.Your question: You don't need a registerd version of FDUIPC.You can select FS2004 internal or FSUIPC in the PMDG styles menu.Good luck. :)

Guest Aztec

Thanks but what are the other options than looking in the manuals?Thanks.Ian Clarke.

Hello Ian, 1] From the tcas panel (on the radio control panel) set the tcas selector to TEST. It takes about 10 seconds or less to run. 2] Then place the switch in TA/RA mode prior to takeoff on the rwy. 3] Also set the switch to the left (has ABOVE/N/BELOW to ABOVE. Remember to always set it to above for climbs N=normal for criuse and below for descents. 3] Push the TFC button on the efis control panel's range selector to display tcas information on the navigation display (ND). The efis control panel (in case you do not know) is located left of the Mode Control Panel (MCP). That is the basics. If you get a TA=Traffic Alert shown in yellow followed by an audible TRAFFIC message, simply try to establish a visual with the traffic there is no need to deviate from your presnt course. If on the other hand you get a RA=Resolution Alert you will first need to disconnect the A/P and position the aircraft out of danger by reference to the attitude indicator which will have RED LINES on the ADI meaning to position the aircraft's attitude OUT of this area until you are given the CLEAR OF TRAFFIC message. Do not make any sudden or very quick changes but simply follow the above in a timely manner or your PAX might get freaked out ;-) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |