Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sanglier

700-800, TCAS, IVAO and SquawkBox

Guest Sanglier

Hi Everybody,First of all, I have to congratulate the Designers Team and also all the Beta Testers for the great job they did in releasing these two new birds.Now, I would like to know when Flying on the IVAO Network(SquawkBox also involved)and when the XPDR has been set to the TA/RA position, if the TCAS has the capability to detect the other birds flying on the network in the vincinity of my bird.Today I was flying on the network with the wonderful 737-800, have had several TCAS alerts from the Squawkbox, but nothing from the 737-800 TCAS ??? PMDG Styles is set to "FSUIPC" and not to "Fs2004".All the best to all of you.Didier DUBREUILH

Guest tmetzinger

>Today I was flying on the network with the wonderful 737-800,>have had several TCAS alerts from the Squawkbox, but nothing>from the 737-800 TCAS ??? PMDG Styles is set to "FSUIPC" and>not to "Fs2004".Try setting to FS Internal... that seems to work for me with VATSIM and Squawkbox.

Guest Lenny Zaman

i agree with Tim,set to FS internal and it will work fine. If not try using SBRelay instead of that other thingyCheers

Guest Sanglier

Hi Tim and Lenny,Thanks for the info. I will try "Fs Internal" to morrow and I will let you know what happened. I think if this setting is OK with Vatsim and SQB, this will work with IVAO and SQB.Thanks again.Didier DUBREUILH

Guest TrafficTraffic

If you are using the FSUIPC option (default), you also need to run AIBridge. The internal option does not require the use of AIBridge.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

If I done AIBridge and I'm using internal doesn't it say all? :-) If you are using SBRelay VATSIM and IVAO multiplayer should behave the same way.Jos

Guest dape

I did a flight on Vatsim with the 739 last night using SBRelay Squawkbox and FS9. Also used AIBridge. The TCAS worked perfectly. It was showing all traffic around me. I doublechecked with the Squawkbox TCAS. I couldnt fly without TCAS anymore.David P.

Hi Lee>> If you are using the FSUIPC option (default), you also need to run AIBridge. The internal option does not require the use of AIBridge. <

Guest BadKarma

I love PMDG and I really want to enjoy a true functional TCAS II with conflict resolution, however I'm still unable to use it properly.I start SbRelay, FS2004, multiplayer connection, SbHost, SB, connect to VATSIM, AIBridge, load PMDG 737-800/900, set TCAS to TA/RA and I see traffic on SB TCAS, however I only see the word "TRAFFIC" on the PMDG panel, and no traffic symbols.I happens to me using "Internal FS2004", or "FSUIPC" and without any multiplayer session I get same result.I tried on the ground or flying with visible other traffic at 12 o'clock with no traffic alert.Any help would be appreciated.Best regards,Hernan

Hi Hernan,When you use the FS2K4 multiplayer are you hosting or joining?

Guest BadKarma

>Hi Hernan,>>When you use the FS2K4 multiplayer are you hosting or>joining?>>I'm joining to SBRelay session.Thanks,Hernan

Hi Hernan,Ok let's try this. First, make sure you have FS Internal set on the PMDG styles menu. Next start up the on-line session as you have described above except, don't start AIBRIDGE. Next log into the ATC network (ex: VATSIM) at an airport where you are sure there is traffic. Turn on the TCAS function on the transponder and then make sure you hit the TFC button on the EFIS panel. Also, at the airport make sure you have the MFD set to map and the distance set to 5 (setting also on the EFIS panel). You should see the traffic at the aiport.Let us know if this works for you.

Guest rcarlson123

I just quickly skimmed this thread, so this may have already been mentioned, but also remember to check the bias setting. It's a little tiny 3-position toggle switch on the radio panel just above the TCAS on/off rotary switch. It determines what part of the sky the TCAS radar will scan ... above, below, or normal. If you are in level flight, and there are a/c below your altitude, they may not show up on the TCAS unless the bias switch is set for a down bias.I flew from KLAS to KLAX last night in order to test out the TCAS, and I was cruising west at FL260 when LA Center gave me a traffic advisory at 11 o'clock eastbound at FL210 if I remember correctly. I had the bias set for "normal" and didn't see any TCAS targets. So I switched the bias to down, and there he was! I reported the TCAS target to center and continued on my way. Very cool stuff.

Push the TFC button on the EFIS control panel to the left of the MCP and you will see the traffic as well!Cheers,

Guest TrafficTraffic

Good point. The bias ABV/N/BLW is just adjusting the vertical range for display. However, it has no effect on the logic. A target that is not displayed that becomes a TA or RA will (should) be displayed regardless of ABV/N/BLW setting. That is to say the setting has no effect on "scanning" of the sky, just display.BTW, I just got finished reading a posting by a real-world ATC of his pet peeves. He says talling him "I have 'em on TCAS" is completely worthless to ATC. It's either visual contact or it doesn't count.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)