Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buck Bolduc

beeping on take off - how do I stop this?

Guest Buck Bolduc

If your not configured properly for takeoff the beeping will occur.Make sure your flaps etc. are properly set. If your using C&H yoke & pedals be reninded that flaps go 1, 5, 10 degrees etc. You have to flip the switch 3 times to get to 10 degree for example. Usually if you set flaps 5 your good to go. Bring N1 to about 40% hit the T/GA screw (upper left screw on the MCP panel, let off of the brakes.Set your autobrakes to RTO.Regards

Hi Iain..yes, this item has been discussed a couple of times before... initially one would indeed think that the take off configuration is wrong... but there is another possibility.Did you add any liveries recently ? if so .. run the loadmanager.. and that may solve your problem..dont ask me why.. but for me it did the trickb rdgs Dick=

Guest iain williams

HI - thanks for your replies. I'll try the load manager as it occurring on newly installed livery.If it still persists I'll send you another mail. Cheers....Iain

It's simple my dear Watson! over 40% N1 on taxi (I DOUBT anyone ever needs this unless they have a herd of elephants in the cargo holds. Parking brake/brakes set when advancing thrust past 40% N1 Flaps not set for takeoff Trim out of range (As per takeoff ref page) Anything else I am unaware of but you never know ;-) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Randy, you forgot the Autobrakes to RTO .... :-)Probably it's just that! No matter how many flights I do, I always miss that one (I fly with the Zoom panel).Hmmm... I must make the item a bit stronger font in the checklist! LOLGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

aha it is late ;-) but RTO I never forget! Of course the only time I do get the to conig warning is holding my brakes manually! Bad habit from another Boeing hehe but since it is perfered a rolling TO on the NG...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Hi,I got the beeping aswell when my spoilers were in armed position (from the previous landing).regards,Thomas

Guest tmetzinger

>> It's simple my dear Watson!>> over 40% N1 on taxi (I DOUBT anyone ever needs this unless>they have a herd of elephants in the cargo holds.>> Parking brake/brakes set when advancing thrust past 40% N1>> Flaps not set for takeoff >> Trim out of range (As per takeoff ref page)>> Anything else I am unaware of but you never know ;-)>Spoilers not down is another

Guest Zapper

Ladies and Gents,The Takeoff Configuration Warning Horn will sound when you are on the ground and advance the thrust levers for takeoff and:Trailing edge flaps are not in the 1 to 25 takeoff range,Leading edge devices not configured for takeoff,SPD BRK lever is not in the down position,spoilers not down with SPD BRK lever in down position,Parking brake is setorStabilizer trim is not set in the takeoff rangeStraight from the horses mouth..Brad Marshand don't call me an #### ;)

Guest jjules

I also have the same problem, it seems to be due to the spoilers still being armed after a previous landing? The problem is I cannot un-arm the spoilers due to another problem I am having with the spoilers!Graeme

Guest iain williams

>Trailing edge flaps are not in the 1 to 25 takeoff range,>Stabilizer trim is not set in the takeoff rangeHello Brad,First nice website (just looked at it).Can you please explain how you alter the trailing edge flaps and stab trims in the PDMG model?Does altering the flaps chnage the trailing edge flaps automatically?Cheers..............Iain

Guest iain williams

Hi,First of all I have read the manaul, trouble is you forget page 10 after page 3333........!On the first flight using the FMC the beeping is not apparent unless the breaks are on, however, on subsequent flights no matter what the break position, the beeping starts above taxi speed.Does anyone know why? Thanks..........Iain

"aha it is late but RTO I never forget!"According to my Boeing Manuals, RTO has nothing to do with the T/O Config Warning, guys.It is only triggered by:1. Speed Brake Lever not down2. Leading Edge Flaps or Slats not extended or moving without being told to move)3. Trailing edge Flaps not in takeoff range, or skewed, or asymmetrical, or moving without being told to move.4. Stabilizer out of greenband.5. There is hydraulic pressure to spoilersAlso, manual braking has nothing to do with the warning. If it does, it must be a PMDG "option" ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest zip

Move the spoilers with the mouse, you'll have better luck with them because of the key change with the 800/900.If you think getting rid of the (admittedly LOUD) horn is hard in the 737, try it in RFP V2 on the steam engine 747... You'll say the 800 was child's play... lol

Guest jjules

I've tried un-arming the spoilers with the mouse but it does'nt work!Anyone else got any ideas?CheersGraeme