Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjules

Landing/taxi Lights switch off???

Guest jjules

Can anyone help?My landing lights and taxi lights switch off at night, even though the light swithches are obviously in the appropriate position.I think it may have something to do with Al traffic being to close to my plane when I taxi near other traffic, hence lights automatically switch off, but never come back on again after the aircraft has disappeared. Anyone else experienced this?Graeme

GraemeCheck your BATT or STDBY PWR voltage. Can be seen on the ELEC display to the low left. It should read 24 but I think yours is below 22. If it is lower than 24 and you have the generators ONLINE do the following work-around:-Start APU-Switch to APU ELEC-Switch back to EDG (Engine Driven Generators-Wait for the battery to rechargeIt seems there is a faulty circuit somewhere which in some cases, the PMDG test drivers are currently trying to figure out when, will not energize the relay to engage charging the battery. Hope it helps,