Sign in to follow this  
Guest moose_VUSN

Top Spec PC - Terrible Frame Rates

Guest schmidtrock

Key mapping in the pmdg menuRegards,

You will eventually discover this, but the only way to arm the speed brakes is to do it manually in the throttle panel with the mouse. The keyboard control, shift-/, does not work on the PMDG.The speed brakes can still be deployed with /.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest zip

Trust me, with FS9, anything goes so what you're experiencing is at least to me perfectly normal given my track record in the past few months. Sometimes it feels like the weather outside impacts how stable FS9 will be...Does your frame rate change at all if you switch to another view (spot, VC, top view?). Have you tried to hide the panel altogether (shift-1)?A few people seem to have this problem, and it's odd because it's generally very fast machines and fast video cards.I would recommend you try another a/c that is also complex (example, the B-25 Briefing Time demo) and see what kind of FPS you get there. I doubt that the problem is specific to this PMDG aircraft. Also, disable dynamic traffic and disable the weather altogether (use manual "clear" weather) because dynamic weather can have a disastrous effect on FPS and affect your apples to apples comparison between different settings.I suspect some kind of fluke with video memory bandwidth or some kind of dual channel memory issue (which SiSoft Sandra would pick up very quickly, or MadOnion since that would test all standard video settings). FS9 is very sensitive to memory speed, and any config problems will likely show up only when the system is stressed out. It may also be a gate sync issue with your AGP card, and you may want to play with hardware settings such as fastwrites on/off in the BIOS and in the control panel.The things off the top of my head in my dealings with FPS in FS9:- 3D clouds weather generation (produces random FPS hits based on weather)- scenery complexity and distance (produces FPS hit increasing with complexity, getting worse the closer you get - example, Simflyer scenery)- fs9 "permanent" dynamic objects polygon bug (dynamic scenery objects, namely fuel stations and some houses created on the fly do not come off the object stack when they get out of view and consume resources until you run out of memory)- low texture memory on video card with complex textures (causes excessive swapping in/out of regular memory to video memory)- add-on running externally and using CPU (robs FS9 of CPU cycles)- affinity on hyperthreaded CPUs (make sure FS9 is set to affinity 0 or 1 on XP/P4HT combo so it doesn't use HT at all, or disable HT altogether - some people report a 20% increase in performance by turning HT off in the BIOS, I don't have HT so I can't confirm)- overclocking can cause the AGP bus to miss sync, causing a resend (happens when FSB MHz increase is not decoupled from AGP and PCI buses - make sure AGP stays at 66MHz, may not be possible on all mb designs)- conflict with hardware that only shows up when the hardware is stressedAll this to say I don't see how the PMDG causes the problem, but it may stress a component that in turn causes a problem.

Guest Bob_Jones

Hi,I had the same problem with the panel, if you have PanelAsTexture=0 in your fs9.cfg, put two // in front of that line, it took my frames back up to normal again.Regards,Bob Jones

Guest moose_VUSN

after my long flight this evening it performed well, however as i went along frame rates progressively dropped until getting to ~10 at the destination (a default airport).i do have the Autogen fix (default.xml thing), any other ideas...