Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

Cool 737-800 CBT

Guest christianholmes

I was telling a friend about the PMDG NG, and he told me he had a real boeing CBT program that he would give me. I was hesitant, as his father is an airline pilot, but I don't why he would give away his father's things. Anyway, he gave it to me, and I have to say it's the best "tutorial" I've ever seen. It has fifty or sixty interactive lessons on everything from pneumatics to the FMC. I've been learning alot. Does anyone know where you can buy these? I'd like to get one on the 747-400 to help me fly PS1. I should have the 737NG mastered after I finish this one.

You cannot buy Boeing CBTS peroid although you can buy CBTS from other vendors that have the same information mostly. Do not ask where you can possibly obtain CBTS from because they are only sold to airline schools or certified training centers (and yes are given to some ppilts from their companies), if a friend gives you one great but in our day and age I would be careful about talking about this in public.Please be very aware of what you learn on a module and what seems to be different on the PMDG! Most Boeing CBTS were made more than a few years ago and certainly do not show all the availble OPTIONS on the NG series. This is where AOMS OPSMNLS are more informative and UP TO DATE... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest christianholmes

Thanks for the info Randy. I will definately look at getting an operations manual if I can. I'm just one of the those "visual" learners (aren't we all?) so this thing is really great. Plus, it seems to be exactly the same as PMDG, since it is for the 800. It looks like it came out around '98, so I hope most of it is up to date. My problem with the printed stuff is I spend more time looking up acronyms and other referenced stuff than learning. This is a nice, structured step-by-step lecture. Anyone know where I can get a crusty old retired captain to sit next to me for a few months instead? :)