Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roger Lynn

FMC Database

Guest Roger Lynn

Hi to all Have just installed the 0404 database for the FMC. When I now try and load certain destinations eg LEMG,LEAL, I get an error message on the bottom line of the FMC. The Message for LEMG is Err at 40, line 73. Also there are no runway numbers displayed on the depp/arr page on the FMC for these airports and no SIDS/STARS though I know I have them in my SID/STAR folder. Has anyone else had this problem. My old database for the 600/700 used to work fine. Cheers Roger

Hi RogerI justed loaded LEMG and LEAL and I get no error messages. Do have both the AIRAC 0404 cycle and the PMDG_Procedures_0404 installed?

Guest jase439

That's what I would suggest. My understanding is that starting with 0401, there were a number of changes to European navaids and airways. Unfortunately, the procedures that ship with the NG don't mesh well with AIRAC cycles after this time - especially in Europe.I had problems with 0403, and have stuck to using 0313 (Dec 25, 2003 - Jan 24, 2004) for the time being. AIRAC 0309 - 0404 can be downloaded at www.navdata.at.Cheers,Jason Barlow

Guest stang

Hi there Roger>I get an error message on the bottom line of the FMC. The>Message for LEMG is Err at 40, line 73.This is a syntax error and this type of error at some airports is indicative of an old DAFIF cycle prior to 0401. Double check that the procedure database is indeed cycle 0404 in the PMDG/SIDSTARS folder. Just open any of the files and look at the header. It will tell you what cycle it is.RegardsTerry

Guest iceman

Thanks to all The problem was I had'tt changed to the 0404 cycle in the PMDG/SIDSTAR folder.All seems to be working fine now. Cheers Roger