Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

HELP! AI planes disappear before takeoff at KLAX

I'm truly baffled. All of my POSKY 767 AI planes never make it to takeoff at KLAX. They receive clearance, taxi instructions, taxi to the active (holding short), receive takeoff clearance, then disappear! :-eek They don't even taxi onto the runway, just BLIP, gone in an instant. The really bizarre thing is that it only seems to happen at KLAX! None of the other AI planes behave this way.The tower clears them for takeoff but always seems to cut themselves off. For example, DELTA 1244 CLEARED F... and then, POOF!, the 767 is gone into thin air. Not even a readback!I have tried the same flights at other airports and they are fine. I have not yet tried flight at other airports with gates - KORD, KSEA, etc...Could some kind soul with a POSKY 767 please observe a KLAX takeoff? If anyone has any ideas why this could be happening PLEASE let me know. I'm finding this very frustrating, as KLAX is my base and I have a good number of 767 variations that fill up the airport. Other info: I'm using AFCAD and have created multiple overlays for the runways so airlines can taxi to their proper terminals. All other airlines/aircraft behave correctly in this regard. Thanks for reading! -John

Guest Boone

I think it's got something to do with the destination. If there's no gates available there or the destination airport is too crowded, AI planes just dissapear on take off. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think that's part of the deal....Boone

Guest Andrew

This is because of the airfile for the 767-and A330s is not good with AI, you need to use your default 777 airfile and Aircraft.cfg.

Boone,Good guess, but that doesn't apply. My destination airports have ample parking in the proper gate size at the time of the POSKY 767 takeoff.Thanks for the attempt!-John

Andrew,Thanks for the idea. I've switched out one of the Hawaiian 767 airfiles for the default B777 and ran the program again. Same result. Even with the 777 airfile, the 767s still magically vanish. Edit from original message: I have since tried KORD, KJFK, and KSLC with the same aircraft. KSLC was the only airport that the POSKY 767 held short, received clearance, and then actually took off from. I'm not sure why.- John

Guest Delta_L1011

Don't use POSKY's planes for AI. You should think about using Project AI's.

Hello all! I have since fixed my problem. I was a bit fogged in the brain after keeping late hours trying to fix the problem and left out a part of a solution. After copying BOTH the 777 air file AND the cfg file, making the necessary title changes of course, everyone was happy again. All planes now scurry around LAX, hold short, line up and zip off to some happier place. Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will look into Project AI planes. -John

Guest Boone

Without a doubt Project AI is THE ONLY WAY TO GO!Boone