Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neruda

Creating a SID

Guest Neruda

Hello Pilots!I have a problem when creating a SID.As you know any NDB is not recognized as a Navaid, and so you have to create a Fix with the lat-long of the NDB.But some SIDs use a radial of the NDB and no any other fix are present in this track....The problem is that the FMC does not recognize the navigation in a Fix radial..So for example:KEEP HDG INTERCEPT RADIAL 130 FROM FIX ISAdoes not work..What can i do??Thanks for your help!Neruda

Hello NerudaNDB's are recognised as Navaids. You may have problems if there is an NDB and VOR of the same name close together, I've come across a few. You'd need to create a Fix in this case. Or that particular NDB may not be included in the Navdata, try adding the NDB to the legs page see if it shows up.The fmc can intercept a radial from a Fix.What HDG is the FMC trying to keep before the intercept? Care is needed using KEEP HDG/TRK.What sid are you trying to create? what are the commands before and after the line above, on its own the line looks ok, but the fault will lie in the way it interacts with the parts before and after.Simon

Guest Neruda

Hello Simon,thanks for your reply!NDBs are recoginzed?? Wow! Great new for me! Thanks!The problem appear just after take off..Do you think this syntax is correct?SID ABCD1E RNW 05 KEEP HDG UNTIL 2 FROM NAVAID AAA HDG 164 INTERCEPT RADIAL 023 FROM NAVAID BBB KEEP HDG INTERCEPT RADIAL 293 TO NAVAID CCC FIX DDD NAVAID CCCWhere AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD are three generic navaid/fixThank you vey much for your help!

Would be better with a real example but basically looks ok, the second KEEP HDG may give problems.If you get any more problems, let me know the airport and sid your working on and I'll try and help.Simonhttp://www.elitejets.co.uk/

Guest stang

>SID ABCD1E RNW 05 KEEP HDG UNTIL 2 FROM NAVAID AAA HDG 164>INTERCEPT RADIAL 023 FROM NAVAID BBB KEEP HDG INTERCEPT RADIAL>293 TO NAVAID CCC FIX DDD NAVAID CCCSyntax is OK but without knowing where the navaids are I can't tell if it will work. Do you really want the "293 TO NAVAID CCC". The TO can be tricky as it does not mean go to the navaid.RegardsTerry