Sign in to follow this  
Allflight57

737NG installation problem

I just purchased the 737NG and everything went well until installation. When I started the installation it worked fine with where to place the add on and licsence agreement etc. and when I started it. It would stop responding. I tried to install it on another username on my computer and it still wouldn't work.If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE HELP me. Tyler

Guest zip

Tyler, my suggestion is to turn off your antivirus software before install, and anything Norton related if you have any. Also make sure that FS9 isn't running, that includes any widefs sessions or other add-ons you may have (restart before you install to have a clean config).It would also be helpful if you could post your configuration (OS/Hardware).Cheers

I don't have any anti-virus programs. But my OS/Hardware configuration is windows_NT (i am only 14 so if that isn't what you were looking for I'll try figure out what it should be) Thanks a lot for the fast reply. Tyler

Is windows xp and NT seperate things because I have XP and it said that all you need is xp and flight sim 2004

Tyler,As Vin states - PMDG does not support Win NT --- however, the end users may help you... Now --- about your problem. What Service Pack of NT are you running? If you don't know - look under Control Panel - System (I think...) On the first page of the system control thing you should see your Windows Version and Service Pack info...Second, what version of FS are you running (FS2002 or FS2004??) Third, you will need to upgrade Win NT to the latest Service Pack before installing PMDG's plane...To download the SP goto: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results...&DisplayLang=enand select the one that best suits your needs...Fourth (and finally), you will need to install GDI + for the PMDG 737 to run... You can download GDI + as per the user guide link which I have copied over to here...http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...A3-54938B6F4614Hope this works for you -- the PMDG 737 is a great bird to fiy!

Oh,yes, NT and XP are different. XP is supported, so since you are using windows XP, that is not the cause of your problem.After you install the pmdg737NG base package, please make sure you restart your PC prior to installing the 8900 upgrade.If this doesnt solve your problem, I would suggest you contact support@precisionmanuals.com.Please include a detailed description of exactly what you have tried up to this point, and exactly what you are seeing when the problem occurs.Best,VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Dan, Thank you for all the help i am still downloading the SPs and the GDI. I am running flight sim 2004 I couldn't find the information on what version of NT I am running I will keep searching. Once again thanks for the help. Ill put up an uptade on how its going soon thatnks for the help Tyler

one more question, is there any possible way to manually place the files in the correct spots (without the installer)?