Sign in to follow this  
Guest mvf1981

Wheels of death (trim)

Guest mvf1981

Hi everybody,I Just want to see if anyone has had a encounter with the trim during the approach or landing phases of there flights with the 800?Because on two of my flights using the virtual cockpit/cabin, I have had the trim going crazy and it was so bad it disconnected the a/p the second time!The first time I was about 800Ft high on app to 26L at EGKK (oss

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Mark,The only thing I can think of is that your joystick/yoke was pushing down against the autopilot causing the AP to add a wack load of trim up. Once you turned the AP off you encountered the results of all that excess trim.You could try recalibrating and making sure that the joystick/yoke returns correctly to center.That's about the only thing I can think of that would cause what happen to you.CheersDavid

Guest mvf1981

Hi Dave,I thought it could also be the yoke, but it is fully calibrated and center

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Mark,>If it had been out of calibration I should have seen a cws>error at some point in flight?Probably not. It could just be that there wasn't enough pressure on controls to activate CWS, but there will more than likely be enough to affect the aircraft trim. In the real aircraft the AP allows a certain amount of yoke movement before activating CWS, it ,however, cancels out small movements of the yoke so that your not continually getting twitching of the controls.I need to slam my joystick to full deflection to force CWS to activate.Perhaps your yoke simply took a small knock and didn't have enough power in the centering spring to move it back. This is most likley when already near to center.Hope it is just that simple :)Cheers,David

Also please keep in mind that the AFS will add some trim at 400' on an autoland just like the real bird ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Mark,It's usually the simplest little things that cause it :)Have a good one,David