Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

737-800/900 Maintenance Status Board

Guest Clement Guivarc h

OK, for the first problem (the one with the animation of the small parts I've pointed out in the pictures).Check the following pics:It clearly shows on both sides that when the elevator is down, the small parts should be up and when the elevator is up they should be down...http://www.airliners.net/open.file/478470/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/403365/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/392803/L/OK, I know it's not a big problem...but i hope to hear from you, especially about the 737 800 whose vertical stab isn't animated when triming (at least on my comp).../)_/). _ Cl

Hi Robert,first of all, I don't want to rant. The 737 series is definitively the best addon a/c available at the moment. But unfortunately I experienced nearly all the failures mentioned after installing the 800/900 upgrade. So I'm unable to use your product at the moment. I use the same -600 (LH repaint) as I flew before the installation of the upgrade very satisfactorily. I've read all the comments and it seems to me that there is no clear pattern. Due to this I think it is not related to a specific add on but to a situation that didn't occur in any of your testing environments. I understand that it is very hard to gather the informations needed to locate the flaw. On the other side I hope you can understand that we are urging for a fix so that we can use what we have paid for. For this reason I want to encourage you to implement some logging mechanism (perhaps some kind of hidden gauge) in your future releases. To have the the right logging informations handy if a failure occours is the half way to fix it. Yes, I know this is an extra effort with no visibly improvement for the customer, but that's part of the quality ensurance process of every well developed software product, because there is no error free software.Greetings from the maintenance hangar at EDDC :-(Tom.

Hi Cl

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Hi Mats, thanks for the info ! :-)But those tabs ARE animated in the PMDG NG, check my shots. I'm just wondering if they're animated the way they should.And the biggest problem is that on the 800 (and the 800 only), it seems the PMDG team has forgotten to animate the horizontal stabilizer, which means that when I change the trim the horizontal stabilizer doesn't move.On the 600/700/900 whenever I change the trim the stab moves it's not the case on the 800.../)_/). _ Cl

I get them and I only fly 2D - the battery prob, lights (one occasion only).Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Guest HepburnUGA

Good Evening Gentlement,I have two items I've noticed, but I'm not sure if they are bugs or I'm an idiot :)1. When the aircraft is parked at the gate with engines off, electrical power established, shouldn't the SPAR VALVE CLOSED and ENG VALVE CLOSED be on and dim for each engine? Mine are just off (dark)2. Adjusting the standby altimeter knob changes the pfd altimeter as well. Also, it only adjusts the millibars and not In HG on the standby.I have all of my meausurements set to non-metric (Imperial?) and these items were noticed in the -800 VC model.Thanks!

Don't fret. Something as complex as this 800/900 package is bound to have some issues, just as the first NG had. PMDG released a nearly perfect update with SU2, and they will do so with this package as well. I honestly can't say I've had a lot of problems except the baro/altimeter problems. It will take some time to revise the code and fix the problems, but they always make good on their fixes.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest HepburnUGA

One more...I believe that the CLB page SPD REST (LSK 3L) has a little problem with the flap speeds.When the flaps are extended and XXX/FLAPS is displayed, I believe that the speed here should be the minimum maneuver speed for that flap setting, and not the maximum speed for that flap setting. Currently, flaps 5 shows 245/FLAPS in that field, and I'm sure that Vm for flaps 5 is not 245kts!Thanks!

Hi,here's another one:Load a previously saved flight and setup the FMC with route, weight, etc. After that Vref and the flap speeds are not displayed on the speed tape.Everything else seems to be fine after loading the flight.Actually I feel bad reporting such minor bugs of such a great product (-:Alex

Guest Martin99

Hi,I want to use the Spoilers and Start Levers like in the 600/700 Version with the default keystrokes and not by Mouseclick 'cause I'm using a Throttle Quadrant and this depends on the standard keystrokes.Regards,Martin

A few real world facts...When the Trailing Edge flaps are UP, the Elevator Tabs on the NG are used to balance the elevators and will move in the opposite direction to the elevators. For every one degree of elevator movement, the tabs will move .75 degrees. The Tabs decrease the force necessary to operate the elevators (when the flaps are up)When the TE flaps are extended, the Elevator Tabs on the NG will move in the same direction as the elevator (if hydraulics are on). In this "anti-balance" mode, the tabs move .5 degrees for every degree of elevator movement.NOTE that the two tabs (left and right) are controlled by different hydraulic systems.The FCC's (autopilot computers) output a signal (depending on TE flap position) to the controlling system for the Left Tab. Note here that the FCC's control many functions on the airplane, with/without the A/P being engaged. The Left Tab requires Hydraulic System "A" when the flaps are not up. A "Flap UP" switch controls the Right Tab (depending on the circumstances, there can be a 10 second delay in the control circuit). This system uses "B" Hydraulics when the flaps are not up.Therefore, depending on the status of hydraulics, elec power, autopilot computer serviceability, flap position, etc.... the tabs may or may not be doing the same thing.Not that I'm saying that this is the reason for Clement's PMDG screenshot ;-)Cheers.Ian.P.S. If you're as confused as I am.... please hold up your hand :-)

:-wave Holding up my hand! :-)

Guest haromo

Dear PMDG,Posted this problem three times but nobody replied.So now I am posting this in here.Problem regarding wrongly positioned lights on 800/900:In the VC-cabin view some lights are missaligned.This is most noticable looking from the fuselage to the wingtip on either side while seated in front of the wing.A) placement of position- and strobelights on wingtips are different on left wing compared to right wing.They are offset on the left wing with the red positionlight floating in front of the wingtip.:( when looking down at the LEFT enginecover you have this nice reflection of the beaconlight...when you go over to the RIGHT side and look down the reflection isn't on the enginecover but rather on top of the wing!Please check this to confirm my findings and reply if there's a fix possible.Regards,Haromo

Guest Fortress

>Morning all..firstly what a great product..thanks PMDG :-)>>A small problem.>>When I load the 8/900 the aircraft loads with the thrust>reversers slightly open and the rev indicator showing on the>panel above the engine gauges.>>Any suggestions?? >>Rob>YBBNYep - I see this too (no big problem, but there all the same). For info, start flight with default cessna then switch to NG.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgwww.BAVirtual.co.uk[p]Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[/p]