Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

real world UAL questions

in a couple of weeks i'll be flying on a United 777 between KORD and KLAX. i was wondering if anyone here knows what their preferred route on this flight is....or maybe somewhere online to find this? also, i know that i can listen to ATC on my UAL flight, but is there also a screen to monitor the flights progress?its been awhile since i've flown on United so i'm kinda clueless as to what to expect.thx for any info!chris

Hi Chris,According to an old Airport/Facility Directory I have here it looks like the ATC preferred route would be a departure out of KORD over to Moline (MZV), to Lamoni (LMN), J64 to Hector (HEC) and on down for the CIVET arrival to KLAX Pref routes tend to go out the window pretty quickly when areas of airspace start experiencing what ATC likes to call "fix saturation" or if weather is dictating the use of Coded Departure Routes and Playbook Routes. Not sure about the onboard screens to monitor flight progress since I don't work for United...yet. :7Hope this helps a bit.Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest roderic757

Hey to answer you questions... Yes we do have Airshow maps at every seat on the 777 that will give you the details of the flight and what cities you are flying over. But as far as the preferred route to LAX I would have to find out for ya..dont know when I will get back to you but will find out some info for ya...Roderic

hey Mike...thanks for the routing. yeah, i figured that on a late July afternoon there was a pretty good chance of running into SOME weather deviations enroute. i'm hoping to be able to watch my progress on a monitor, that would solve everything!chris

Roderic...excellent! that is good news. i figured that those 777's have just about everything on them. it'll be nice knowing which airports/cities i'm looking down on. thanks againchris