Sign in to follow this  
OneTon

GoFlight and PMDG 737 Compatibility

Can anyone tell me if the PMDG 737 series will work with GoFlight's MCP? Thanks.

Guest schmidtrock

Yes but it requires keymapping with FSUIPC with the PMDG supplied keystrokes.

Thanks for the link. Is the keymapping done via the GoFlight software or in FSUIPC? The GF control window does not appear to allow you to assign tasks to buttons/knobs.

>Thanks for the link. Is the keymapping done via the GoFlight>software or in FSUIPC? The GF control window does not appear>to allow you to assign tasks to buttons/knobs.In each table you will find how the keymapping was done. Some were done by the GoFlight others were done by FSUIPC. With FSUIPC you can assign keys to buttons. Download the latest one.Regards, Ferry

Guest tmetzinger

>>Thanks for the link. Is the keymapping done via the>GoFlight>>software or in FSUIPC? The GF control window does not appear>>to allow you to assign tasks to buttons/knobs.>In each table you will find how the keymapping was done. Some>were done by the GoFlight others were done by FSUIPC. With>FSUIPC you can assign keys to buttons. Download the latest>one.>>Regards, FerryFerry, do you find the goflight drivers have any impact on performance at all?Put another way, would performance improve if you weren't running the goflight hardware (and driver software)?

>Ferry, do you find the goflight drivers have any impact on>performance at all?>>Put another way, would performance improve if you weren't>running the goflight hardware (and driver software)?>>I have not noticed a different yet using goFlight or not. However since I have 8 devices of goFlight running I can imagine I should notice something but I have not. I just finished a flight in a default Cessna over NL2000 scenery and Lago Schiphol installed. I used FSMeteo weather and had an acceptable 10-15fps. I am aware that NL2000 is a very heavy scenery.I use the goFlight equipment, pedals and yoke (CH Products). The PC is a AMD 2500+, 1024MB, GF4 TI4200 128Mb.I intend to do the FS Benchmark shortly. Maybe this weekend. I will let you know the results.Did you notice any permorfance issues?

• Upvote 1

Guest tmetzinger

>I intend to do the FS Benchmark shortly. Maybe this weekend. I>will let you know the results.>>Did you notice any permorfance issues?>I haven't gotten any Go-flight gear yet. I was just wondering, as I'd hate to blow $1000.00 on a bunch of goflight stuff and then find that it caused a performance reduction.Sounds like the impact is none to very little, so I'll look at the goflight return policy and then go ahead.

Guest schmidtrock

Hi Timothy,I find no performance issues at all. I have a full pedestal setup with the MCP and throttle quad and it is fantastic !Regards,

Kevin-How did you get your MCP to work with PMDG?-Lane

Guest schmidtrock

Hi Lane,You have to omit any assignments in the go flight software and do the keymapping within FSUIPC with the latest version (3.1.2 I think) I'm still chasing a bug but think it is USB related as that mcp requires some power.regards,

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi Timothy,>I find no performance issues at all. I have a full pedestal>setup with the MCP and throttle quad and it is fantastic !>Regards,I assume you use the goFlight drivers for the radios, etc, and just assign no function to the MCP, and THEN use FSUIPC for those functions that are PMDG specific?Or do you use FSUIPC for all the modules?

Hallo Ferry,Kun je mij ook vertellen hoe ik mijn goflight panel GF45 moet configuren om hier mee de autopilot van de pmdg 737 te bedienen dit is mij tot op heden niet gelukt bij voorbaat dank martin.

Thimothy,I am using 12 GoFlight modules on two side by side floor consoles, including the MCP, the throttles TQ6 and the RP8. I do not notice a performance drop, besides, I could hardly fly without them now. I use FSUIPC for the MCP and the RP8 (for the PMDG planes in particular), all other modules are programmed with the GoFlight cfg software. I wish to point out the outstanding support I received from Pete Dowson regarding the usage of FSUIPC (registered of course).Also to mention is the very helpful team at GoFlight, I am sure if you try this equipment, you won't have to know about the return policy.Best regards,Jean-Claude