Sign in to follow this  

is there a fireworks display in Flightsim 2002 for the

Guest Grayal

Is there a way to see fireworks in flightsim for the 4th of July???

Guest Joshieca

Heather....how did you get so many stars on the right of your name...?

There's an addon to add fW to NY, Salt Lake another other cites (Tokyo). Julian

Yep, the fireworks go off every night at 10pm in my (former) home town: they are fired just to the west of the parking garage (assuming you have the excellent add-on Vegas scenery that, I believe, Heather pointed us to a few days ago).And, yes, these fireworks are fx files that can be added to any city, any place (and any time, or even day: I've got my system altered to fire them off at the appropriate place in my (current) home town, Carson City, only on the 4th and New Years (we don't really do the latter here, but I wanted to set it up).It's really easy to do this, but you'll need to load the MS FX SDK (how's that for acroynms?) to do it yourself. Head on over to http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK05.asp and grab the relevent files.And someone has modified the fireworks so they are even better -- uh, don't have the link handy here at work, but if you want I'll dig it up and post it from home this evening.Last night after watching the Real World fireworks here (which ended about 9:50pm) I went into FS and, in real time, took my wife on an ultra-lite flight in Vegas to watch that display. We even flew right through the fireworks (and it was *very* impressive, the screen even lighting completely up as we went through the heart as if we were getting hit by them -- I suppose this is the kind of thing that would not be a Good Idea to do in a real Ultra-lite :>) She was very impressed (and anything to do with FS that impresses my wife is pretty amazing).

"Last night after watching the Real World fireworks here (which ended about 9:50pm) I went into FS and, in real time, took my wife on an ultra-lite flight in Vegas to watch that display."LOL!!!! After our fireworks ended in Phoenix, just before 10, I loaded up K. Johnson's Ultralight Gyro and did the same thing with my two year old daughter on my lap.... I actually found the 2K2 Vegas display the most impressive of the bunch! :)-John