Sign in to follow this  

Where to buy approach plates

Hello.I've started using instrument approach plates for instrument landings in Flight Simulator. While I have LOTS of them available online, I've read that you can buy one book (one U.S. region-full of them) for about $3.00 Approach plates are just about the only thing I think I'd like to have OFFline.... sectionals, flight plans, etc I like to use online. Does anyone know where I could go to buy a book of IAPs? I'd prefer an in-person place rather than online.Thanks.--Tony

Guest aca_dia

Check out the phone book for your local FBO or pilot shop. You should be able to get the plates for your area at most small airports. The NOAA (NACO) govt plates are cheap about $4.00 per book. The Jeppesen Plates are more expensive ($18 - $22 depending on which book).Both charts contain the same information but its presented differently. The Jepps plates in most peoples opinions are much easier to use. I feel that way as well, but if its just for sim flying dont worry too much about it.

Thanks. EchoPlate is one of the online resources I have been using up until now.I'm looking for a place to get hardcopy in book format. At the advice of the first respondent, I've sent a note to two local FBOs to see if they sell the plates.Thanks again.--Tony

Guest aca_dia

I would be really suprised if one of them did not at least have the ones for your region. Other wise just go online to any number of pilot shops and order them.http://www.sportys.com/shoppilot/charts/tppcharts.cfmYou can also use this page to figure out which set or sets you want (View Terminal Procedures Publications Map) This is for the cheapo govt. plates.Check out www.jeppesen.com for the Jepp Plates. If you really get into it you may want to buy the Jepps versions of your region.

Check out airplanecharts.com. Prices are good, thats where I get my sectionals and WACs (free shipping on those maps.)DaveKCOS