Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Help mods....I messed up Alpha!!

Hey mods! I messed up. I went to rate Alpha with a +2 and gave her instead a "0". It won't allow me to go back and correct it. I feel REALLY bad about this mistake. Can this be resolved easily? Thanks!SORRY BOB (Alpha)!!!!! :(DonI KNEW I should have gone straight to bed after the fireworks!DM

Guest Heather 636

At least you didn't give her a negative. A fellow gave me one and didn't even say why.I'm certain she will understand and that admin will get it straightened out.Cheers and a happy 4th!Heather The propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest SD Sim

Points are a funny thing, aren't they Don. In general, I like the system. Sometimes a response will be posted that I will percieve as hostile. Looking at a persons rating in these situations tells me if I'm having a bad day, or if the poster has a penchant for aggravating other forum members. For whatever reason, for me at least, a neutral rating can feel as bad as a negative rating. I guess that's a reflection on our (societies) neverending pursuit of perfection (or something resembling it). In the end, though, it really boils down to what kind of person you are. Anniette (Bob) is a wonderful person to have in the forum, I enjoy her posts, and her artistic abilities make me envious. For her, and all the others like her, stars are meaningless in my mind. These people make me smile, and they make me think, and for that I am grateful.

Hey Donmo :)I am actually a real "shallow" person and the Stars mean Everything to me :)But just knowing they were heading for me is good enough ,thank you .After all that thing with the stupid post I am sure seeing howmany took interest in it that much festive drinking must have happened and a few people have showed themselves as friends and a few have let themselcves enjoy what i consider a pack mentality and have shown themselves not worth me thinking about at all.I spend a long time thinking if to delete Avsim as my homepage not because of what was said but the fact that some people feel it is ok to do this sort of thing ,No one complained about the fact it has nothing to do with aviation or noticed that this barry was calling me a liar ,which is what got me mad .I am sorry to Australiens but I sure will not paint Any planes with the kangaroo on the tail.So thanks for the points :) you are a friend .Alpha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have to aim for perfection. Even though you will NEVER reach TRUE perfection, if the attempt to achieve it isn't made, there will be no improvement. That is why we improve things, to make them "perfect". She as well as others are on that road.Don

Not taking the thread out of MSFS forum was my fault Anniette. I was busy at work yesterday and looked in on the htread regularly to make sure things were not heating up too much, but did not move it to the General Discussions forum, where it should have been (or not, as it turns out ;-) ).When I realized the mistake, it had gone on for too long and I did not want to stop it in that stage, hoping you would get enough 'positive' remarks in there as well (as I think you did).Just woke up here, so sorry for the delays... that's what you get from not being in the US ;-)Can't advise you on keeping AVSIM as your 'home page', I am biased of course ;-). But I would not let one incident like this ruin my day ! :-)Happy flying ! :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Scott Campbell

Anniette,*I* complained that it had nothing to do with simming. ;-)I pondered why it drew so much atention and is even still there, when things like that typically get deleted or at least moved to the General Discussion forum.I personally don't care about your personal life since I don't know you. What I do know about you is that you do great repaints and clearly spend a lot of time here bettering FS. [i[That's[/i] the important part to me.To tell you the truth, I'd love to see some of your art someday. I'm an artist, so appreciate other's vision.(edited)Sorry, Francois, I guess we posted at the same time, but I still wonder why it's still there. ;-)

I locked it now... just being selfish... got tired of having to follow a thread that does not really interest me one bit (that's the thread (!), not you, Anniette ! ;-) )F. :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

you are SO right don :)I just check the file library as i do everyday and my American b1900 paint has 400 downloads and this makes me feel good The Stars are not really for others they are for me to see how am I doing ,am i ok and how can i be better personthe downloads is how can i be better painterone day i may be the best :) if we still have the computers then lolThere are at Avsim some really GREAT people and this is many more than the few people who try to make you unhappy.Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks buddy! Great!!! Only I can come up with an unsolvable problem like this after we have been using this for how long? LOL!Don

Thanks for your understanding. I felt SOOOOOOO bad when I saw what I did! I felt even worse when I saw I couldn't un-do it! Thank you VERY much for your understanding.Don

"I am sorry to Australiens but I sure will not paint Any planes with the kangaroo on the tail."No lossIncidentally - AUSTRALIANS --- AUSTRALIANS -- now write it 50 times don't get it wrong again.

Guest Matt Johnson

Danger, folks. I am about to fire a zinger.So, Mr. Anonymous Chumley... yes, I do know who you actually are because I can look you up in the administration system... if you could produce (and upload) as many fine repaints as Anniette has and does, I might take your "no loss" view with a pinch of salt. But, as it is, I see absolutely nothing in our Library with your name on it. Strange, that.And... are you seriously trying to tell me you can't tolerate a ONE LETTER spelling difference between how you spell "Australians" and how Anniette spells it? For what it is worth, Anniette's spelling is equally correct (and more correct to her than you can probably appreciate), so just deal, 'k?I was so incensed by your intolerance of others that I very, very nearly deactivated your account. Your history here is checkered to say the least. Let this be a warning to you; pick up your act NOW, leave, or be kicked out of the door. It's that simple.This forum isn't a public place where you can decry people for their imperfections. AVSIM won't let it be that. If you can't follow the rules and just generally be civil, we don't want you here.Anniette: sorry about this "vocal minority" of people who are just so intolerant of others. We do our best to be rid of them, but what can you do? :-(--M

Guest Matt Johnson

Fixed.--M