Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

LAGO's downloads????

Guest saudi_777

Hi guys,Is this just happening with me or is it just all the time with all other users, that the "lago ftp" downloads from www.lagoonline.com don't work and display "the server is actually busy... please try again later"? I've been trying to download some stuff there that are only available from the "lago ftp" for more than a week and they never work. I've contacted them but they still haven't replied. Do you guys also have this problem when trying to download stuff from www.lagoonline.com ????Best Regards,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

The LAGO servers have been hit hard by people downloading these 60+ Mb TerraMesh files. It took me two days to get them. Just keep repeating your download request (especially at the US server in the European morning ;-) ) and eventually you should get through. Having a fast link helps in being able to retry quicker of course. :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Everyone,At risk of being accused of liking to hear myself talk, which is probably true ;) here goes for my first, and probably many, posts of the day.I have seen other posts in regards to download problems with LAGO because of this large and popular file.As I have already, unfortunately, proven in the past, my knowledge of the do's and don'ts regarding copyrights is somewhat flawed. However, since you have to have LAGO's "registered" software anyway (so no risk to them), wouldn't it be beneficial if those same files could be uploaded to the AVSIM library. I mean wouldn't it benefit both LAGO AND simmers? Just a thought if it can be done without stepping on any toes.Cheers!The propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

IF LAGO PAID AVSIM AN AN APPROPRIATE ROYALTY FEE.Lago has been pushing lot's of contracted for software out the door recently. Wonder why the pace is so hectic?Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Heather, I am not sure we would (could???) like to host over 250 Mb on files, plus all the associated bandwidth for the downloading, here at AVSIM. That's lots of $$$'s we're talking... ;-)But hey, we can discuss anything, so I'll check with the 'bosses'... ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Heather 636

It was just a thought hun. You guys know a lot more about this business than I do. What made me think of it was that huge Alaska mesh files that took me days to download, albeit, well worth it.Perhaps LAGO WOULD be interested in paying a reasonable fee to AVSIM.Who knows.Cheers!

No problem and be assures: all positive thinking is much appreciated. I've forwarded the link to my colleagues to get their views on it. I happen to know the LAGO managers as well, so who knows ? ;-)Cheers ! :-outta Francois :-wave

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog