Sign in to follow this  

Changing default spot plane distance

Hi all,I DO aplogize if this was discussed before, but a search did not yield any results.Is there a way to permanently change the spotplane view distance for my aircraft - I'm rather tired of first selecting an aircraft, then changing the view parameters and then having to save the flight to retain this information.Any help much appreciated.Regards,Hennie

Guest Jimbofly

I think you can set something in the aircraft.cfg file, but I can't figure out what, as [views] seems to pertain to the pilot's eye view from within the aircraft.James

No replies?!!! Does everyone just LIVE with this problem?Hard to believe...Hennie

it is in the model file, but I don't know how to change it:(

Not to worry, this is the very last time I'll bump this one to the top. I'm sure that someone has a solution for this problem.Hennie

Well, you just have to download "tcdfsview" (might be on AVSIM) It lets you change the spot plane distance & the distance you see in the select menu.

Thank you Kevin!!! I KNEW there would be a solution somewhere. Got to go - I've got many, many default views to change...Hennie

When using this tool with FS2K2, I get the following error message: "The file has an unknown sizeor it is no MDL-file. ThereforeI am not able to repair the file."Anyone know of a workaround?Regards,Hennie

Guest Scott Campbell

Kevin,Doesn't work on newer models, anything with Aurcraft Animator parts added, and certainly nothing gMAX. Didn't even work on the default 2K models.I keep hoping they're be an update sometime. Then again, after two years I'm also still hoping Chuck Dome will update gaumod and gaubmp, but alas...

Hi Scott,Thank you for clarifying.Hennie