Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP and FS2K2

HiWith Windows XP, do you also need to start clean before using FS2K2? When I had Windows 98SE I used to start clean as my System Resources were high. How are System Resources handled with XP?

If you mean by "clean" no other programs running and/or rebooting first, the answer is no.XP, like NT before it (and Windows 2000, all of which are based on the NT kernal) manages resources very different than the "normal" Windows ('95, '98, ME, etc.) In those systems, resources (and we are talking mostly about icons and windows, including those on the desktop and system tray) were limited to 64K, which causes lots of problems for lots of people and was one of the biggest drawbacks to Windows.Now, you still may have memory issues depending upon how much memory you have in your system but the general rule in NT based OS is that if you have enough memory, don't worry about what you're running concurrently. (Quite frankly, I've used NT so long I don't even think about these things anymore, except when my friends have problems :>)

Thanks for the answer. Well I have 512Mb memory so I guess thats should be OK. This also means that I do not have to use the "EnditAll" program. Since I have installed XP I never had a program crash! Much better than Windows SE

I still use "EndItAll" with XP, seems to help out some even with 768Mb.-------------Michael T."The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)